“A Hidden Gem”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had to attend to this Resort for a friends wedding. This was the first time I have ever been to the West Coast of Florida. All I can say is, Wow! The Hotel was impectable. It has the whitest beach sand I have seen outside of Cancun.The staff was friendly and helpful.

The rooms are a bit pricey, but I was blown away when they upgraded me to a suite, which included two balanies, one in the master bedroom and the living room.

I had arrived early around 11AM, since check in isn't until 3PM, I went to the front desk just to ask for them to hold my luggage until I was able to check in. They said I could check in now if I wanted to. I simply ask if I could get a room looking at the beach. They said they couldn't, but said he would do me one better, by upgrading me to the suite. I was already loving this place.

My flight back to NY wasn't until the late evening on check out day. They have policy of allowing you to have a late check out, for an additional fee of I think, around $75.00. Well worth the additonal fee, to enjoy the day at beach and the resort.

I will certainly be coming back to this Resort again.

Room Tip: The resort has another parking facility two blocks away, instead of using the valet parking, saving...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Davidd225,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time here while attending a friend’s wedding. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. We hope you are able to come back and visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Luxurious hotel with every possible amenity to hand. The rooms (ours 620) was spacious and offered a good sea view.

The grill bar ( by the pool) offered an good range of drinks and food. There were a daily assortment of activities. The restaurant facilities catered for all tastes.. if you wanted something a little different all you needs to do is wander off site to find a restaurant to your liking..... And there are plenty!!!

The hotel also features a Spa which offers a full range of treatments... I have experienced massages from all over the world and regrettably the treatment / massage was poorly performed and was far from satisfactory - seriously the worst massage have ever experienced  - I can only imagine that my masseuse was having a 'bad hair day'.

I would highly recommend the hotel and have no hesitation in coming back - but be wary of rogue operators in the spa :)

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Zeus69

Dear Zeus69,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and our two restaurants on property. I apologize that you had a less than pleasant experience with one of our staff members at our spa. Our entire team strives to provide all of our guests with a great experience. If you feel it appropriate, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you chose to the Sandpearl during your next visit to Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our family of 5 stayed 4 nights in March 2012 at Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach. The resort is 8 stories and has nice hotel rooms as well as suites that have full kitchens. We had a one-bedroom suite that was gulf front. It had 2 balconies, one off the master bedroom and one off the living room. The kitchen is first class with granite and stainless appliances. The resort is 5 star. The service lived up the the 5 star standards. The zero entry pool is awesome for families with small children and is large enough to keep older kids entertained. There are games for kids beachside and plenty of sun loungers by the pool to relax and enjoy good food and beverages from Tate Island Grill, by the pool and beach. Caretta's on the Gulf is their fine dining outlet and it was tasty and accommodating for our party of 9 on a busy Saturday night. This is our third visit to this resort. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sunandfunseakers

Dear Sunandfunseakers,
Thank you for your continued patronage! It is so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time spent here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad we were able to continue to exceed your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I had read all the positive reviews about this place, but for some reason I was not sure if we would like it here. When we arrived we were really impressed by how luxurious this resort is. We were welcomed with champagne upon check in. Check in was quick and the staff extremely friendly.
We had a Mandalay Bay suite with a "gulf" view. They are a little generous with the term gulf view because this had a partial view of the beach and mainly overlooked the bay. My complaint about this room was it actually mainly overlooked the air conditioning units which were very loud. For this reason we couldn't keep our balcony doors open overnight. Also, the balconies at this resort are laid out in a very strange pattern that leaves no privacy and do not lend themselves to spending time outside.
The suite is very spacious, nicer than pictured. Full living, dining room, small kitchen with high end appliances. The bathroom is large with double sinks, separate jacuzzi tub and a shower. The housekeeping service is reliable and they do a great job cleaning.
We stayed here in the low season and they closed everything (restaurants, pool) earlier than actually displayed. That is something to watch out for if traveling during low season.
The pool is beautiful and well lit overnight. The fitness center is fairly well equipped and not overly crowded.
For those with a suite who wish to purchase groceries, the CVS across the street is incredibly well equipped. Publix is a short ride away with the Jolly Trolley which has a stop in front of the hotel. We tried this and it was very convenient. We were able to stock up with groceries for the entire week.
I highly recommend this resort but be aware of the Gulf View.

Room Tip: Gulf view could mean view of the loud air conditioning units.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deepestBlue22

Dear DeepestBlue22,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your most recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and all of the amenities we offer. It sounds like you really enjoyed our spacious suite and furnishings. Our Mandalay Suites are located on the east and northern side of our resort which offer either a bayside view or coastal view looking down the coast line and surrounding seaside neighborhood. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We booked this hotel through DHR. We thought it was an excellent price at the time. What they don't tell you when you check in is that they will charge you $25 per day as a resort amenity fee. They don't even ask you to authorise it on check out. They just charge your credit card and leave a receipt under your door. When challenged about it they simply said that there was nothing they could do about it and DHR will have already informed us of the charge at the time of the booking. We checked all emails and the booking confirmation and nothing. I spoke to three different levels of their staff, even the resort manager and they refused to refund me despite there being no contract in place. The charge is supposed to cover water in your room (big deal and shouldn't that be provided anyway?), coffee in your room (we had one cup and didn't want anymore as it was disgusting), one cycle per room per day (what good is one cycle for a family of four - looks like money making to me), access to the gym (which most people don't use on holiday). All in all they are simply gaining bookings from search engines / booking agents by having a low price to book and then making this up with some sly maneouvres at the hotel. A shame really as we liked the hotel. Also beware that breakfast is not included and whilst it is really nice, it is raving expensive. Go elsewhere unless you are minted! :) Great location though.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JimmyT1976
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to your recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach. Please accept my sincere apology for you not being informed about the resort charges at the time of your reservation. All of our third party booking websites should mention the charges at the time of making reservations. Additionally, we should have confirmed these charges upon check in. I will review your comments with our Front Desk Team to guarantee we do this consistantly.

Also, you mentioned breakfast. While our breakfast is not inexpensive we feel that it is a great value as the quality and variety of offerings are the best around. We also offer "Kids Eat Free" for our breakfast buffet which helps out families considerably.

If you feel it appropriate, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope you choose the Sandpearl during your next visit to Clearwater Beach.

Regards,