“Went with my boyfriend.”

Riedo Modern European Restaurant
Ranked #204 of 755 Restaurants in Clearwater
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We enjoy going here. Its a nice family owned restaurant that makes good chevapi. I order it everytime i go with my boyfriend. I even celebrated my birthday here before with friends. They even have entertainment sometimes with music, and dancing

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We had a good time when we went and the food is good,with a nice atmosphere,and staff. We will be back.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

We stopped in before heading to the beach. 5 adults and 6 kids. They took great care of us and food was really good. Kids loved the chicken and adults raved over the burgers. Being from Iowa, we are used to good burgers but these were right up there! Family owned and the owners were there working. Great experience all around!

1  Thank TD0727
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Four of us went here on a Friday. I had the sautéed grouper, loved it. The veggies were outstanding. I will definitely return. The one problem is that if you sit near the windows there are a lot of flies. So don't sit near the windows.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 19 April 2016

What a weird experience! After reading reviews on TA, decided to have dinner here before a show at the Capitol. Thinking it would be busy because of the show, we made reservations for 6 pm. Arrived at 5:30, found metered parking right in front so that was great. Free after 6 pm. Walked down to the theater to orient ourselves, then back to Riedo. Admittedly 15 min early for our reservation, we walked in and thought we were in the wrong place because of the strange appearance -- looked more like a banquet hall. Two staff at the back of the bar, one said hello, then they ignored us. The place was empty of customers. We stood there looking stupid for a couple of minutes, waiting for someone to seat us, then decided to sit out front at their outside tables. One couple was out there eating, so we figured we would get service that way. Waited ten more minutes, still not a sign of server, so my husband went inside and asked if someone was taking care of the outside. The lady at the bar said the outside was reserved for a private party who had reservations. My husband said, great, we have reservations and will be sitting outside, please send us a server. (he's fairly annoyed) By this time, the private party starts arriving but shows no interest in the outside tables, they all go inside. Finally, the lady from the bar appears with menus and apologies and takes our drink order. Service was a bit slow over the whole dinner, but I made allowances due to the large party going on inside. The house salad was generous, nice balsamic dressing but could have used more of it. My husband had the wienerschnitzel, which was disappointing. Not flattened enough and overcooked. We have had authentic schnitzel at the Figlmuller in Vienna, though, so that is a tough standard to be measured against. I had the shish-kebab, which consisted of 3 cutlets (yes, small cutlets, not just medallions or cubes as you would normally expect) -- one turkey, one veal, one beef, interspersed with grilled veg and a side of roast potatoes. Everything I had was great, the turkey and veal nicely seasoned and moist, the veg perfectly grilled and the potatoes were delicious. Only the beef disappointed -- overcooked and boring flavour. We shared an apple strudel for dessert, which could have been good, but was clearly not fresh. The pastry was soggy, and the whipped cream on top had melted all over the plate into soup from sitting on the warmed up strudel before being served. It should never have been brought to the table that way.

All said, I would give it another chance. I'd order the shish-kebab again, and my husband would likely try a burger since other TA reviews said they were great. But not sure I would recommend to others. If you decide to risk it, be prepared for something different (as in strange!)