15 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$218
Sheraton.comUS$218
FindHotelUS$218
ZenHotels.comUS$270
3,236 results
All reviews tennis courts mainstay tavern sand key clearwater beach pool area private beach across the bridge great beach starbucks coffee hot tub an umbrella jolly trolley fire pit poolside bar ocean view spring break lounge chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

We just came back from 3 days at the Sheraton Sand Key and here is my honest review. The only negative thing I can honestly say is that the rooms are definitely outdated and in need of some upgrading. However, the amazing top notch exceptional service from the front desk to the gift shop to the pool area and the maintenance of the actual resort was very impressive. I would give it 5 stars. Helaine in the sundry shop always had a smile, very warm greeting. Minerva our waitress at Rustys was fantastic. The front desk was super accommodating. Pool/beach area, shuttle to beach, towels all readily available. Nate at pool bar was great! If you want a quiet peaceful open area beach this is the spot to be. The hustle and bustle is just over the bridge. Had a fantastic breakfast and an amazing dinner at rusty's in the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Katherine Chavez, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

Dear A5678QTwilliamb,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to reach out and share your recommendation. Your recommendation truly means a lot to us. It is always very encouraging to see such positive scores concerning your recent experiences here at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort, particularly when it comes from those who matter most- you!

I am very happy that our staff was very friendly and welcoming. Please note I will be sharing your comments to their departments for their recognition! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Front desk staff are awesome, especially Cydney who took her time to assist me with ALL my requests. She is awesome!!!

Lauren was also very helpful and patient. She is great…

But other staff members were all very helpful and friendly but didn’t catch their names.

Pool staff during the weekend of my stay were awesome as well

Room tip: Can’t think of any. Everything was perfect!!!
Trip type: Travelled with family
Katherine Chavez, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Dear robt290,

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We are moving down to the Tampa area so decided to stay somewhere and get a vacation as well, had an amazing time! Minerva at dinner really made the trip! The beach is awesome and so is the entire staff!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katherine Chavez, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Dear Anaszymkowicz,

Welcome to Tampa Bay!

Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

This is my first time staying at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort on Clearwater Beach. The check-in process was smooth and quick, thank you to Destinee for taking good care of us and explaining all of the hotel amenities clearly.

The hotel was clean and there were plenty of elevators never had to wait to long for a elevator ride.

The best part of my stay was the hospitality that was extend to my wife and I. I call the hotel before my arrival and explain that this stay was a special stay. With COVID we did not want to go to far from home.

Upon entering the room I was surprised to find two wine glasses, a bottle of wine, various cheese, meats and breads and the view from the room overlooking the pool with a perfect view of the beach.

We could not have asked for anything better to celebrate or 25th Wedding Anniversary and birthday.

I want to extend a very very special thanks to Maria Buckle - Director of Guest Services and her staff for making this stay very memorable.

Thank you all very much and looking forward to staying there again in the very near future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jazjoh

Dear jazjoh,

I am so happy that Maria and Destinee was able to make your anniversary and birthday very special! Congratulations!

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

The hotel is overall a solid choice, although "4 star" is pushing it. To be fair, it seems to usually be among the cheaper of comparable hotels. I had planned to go to the other side of the state but had to change plans suddenly due to Spirit, so didn't look as well as I normally would have.

Friendly staff. There are 2 inside restaurants a small bar in one of them. The outside bar closes at 6pm but you can go inside. The beach is nice but quite a long walk to be fetching drinks. It would probably be best to stop at a liquor store and take a cooler out to the beach.

I realize this is the time of Covid and staffing issues are rampant everywhere but upon check in on Saturday I was informed we would have housekeeping every 3 days. I asked if I could use the app to request it sooner and was told due to COVID every 3 days was all that was offered but I could call for towels as needed. I thought that meant the room would be cleaned Tuesday but came back late that afternoon to the same trash and sandy floor that had been accumulating since Saturday. I checked out Wednesday. I personally think this is too far to go without service in a 4 star hotel, but it's the first time I've traveled in 2 years so maybe this is standard,

Know that you can ride the Jolley Trolley for free with four room key and can catch it at the back of the hotel at 26 and 56 after the hour.

Room tip: Free parking but I didn't utilize. About a $50 Uber to the Tampa airport
Trip type: Travelled with family
Katherine Chavez, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear theresae502,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort. We are so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your time with us. We try to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience and when we fail to do this we take it very seriously. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Although we are constantly renovating, replacing the worn with new, making improvement and changes, we realize there is still much more to be done when it comes to the needed transformations. We actually had plans on a full room renovation back in 2020, however, due to COVID-19, we were unable to move forward with that project.

I am very sorry we did not seem to stop by your room the day you were on schedule. Our front desk agents should have also let you know that if you leave for the day and you want your room serviced, to not put a “Do not Disturb” sign on the door. I am very sorry for the miscommunication if that was what had happened.

We have noted your comments regarding the pricing of our hotel and services and we would like to advise you that our rates are very competitive with the same category hotels of the area. Please note that hotel room rates fluctuate depending on the level of business, seasonality and events in the area. Usually, during periods of low activities the rates may drop significantly.

Please accept our apology for not meeting all your expectations during your stay. I do hope your travels bring you back to the beautiful and tranquil Island of Sand Key and give Sheraton Sand Key Resort another chance to better serve your needs.