All reviews across the street clearwater beach old florida style high rise hotels mom and pop
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This is a very well located hotel just by the sea ! Peaceful and quiet resort . Just one complain , the included continental breakfast .; you better go to another place to have breakfast . Everything else is fine, pretty close to all the boat tours and pretty close to the beach .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stayed for 2 nights and thank goodness it was no more. Door hanging off, bathroom door didn't shut, staff unhelpful with directions as he didn't know the area! Free breakfast on weekend and no milk as on order yet start of season!! Now checked as Credit Card machine not worked to find we have been charged twice!! We have called 3 times from the UK to speak to manager as website is closed down. I would not advise anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: None don't know which are good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Robandhazel2014
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We typically look for a retro style mom-and-pop places to stay when traveling in Florida. The Frank Sinatra era two-story villas or efficiencies are always fun. See captain had a private pool right on the harbor and was across the street from the beach properties. Our pool always had plenty of room and not too many small children. I understand this place will be gone in a couple of years, so we are very happy we had the opportunity to stay here.

If you get a chance before it's gone, stay here. Very intimate and fun and the other people staying there seemed to be fun as well.

The price was fantastic as well.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

At check-in, Katie took into consideration my special needs(knee problems) and gave us the perfect room on the 1st floor. Thank you Katie! The pool was nice and cold which is perfect on a hot day. Unfortunately, we had a cool day with a light wind. Still....great time laying out by the pool. Our room smelled of bleach when we entered (I consider this a good thing) and it was super clean. I love the old Florida Style! It reminds me of vacations when I was a child. Parking was simple and so was the check-in. I felt the price was just right considering the location. Clearwater Beach is across the street, plus.... plenty of restaurants and activities nearby, who can complain about the price? If you want all the frills and extra amenites you can go to the high rise hotels. Just expect to pay double or triple what you are paying to stay here. I think the Sea Captain is doing a great job and we look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Very expensive although the room was good and excellent location. The majority of the reception staff were unhelpful and uninformed, internet connection intermittent and despite 3 requests, no booking confirmation was sent

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo