All reviews bass fish the galley lake okeechobee place to stay per day park model rooms are clean great guy his son tiki bar on site wait staff gator bites shrimp breakfast buffet great trip wings
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

For my husband's birthday, I decided to take him fishing on Lake Okeechobee at the Roland Martin Resort and Marina, as fishing on Lake Okeechobee was part of his bucket list. The morning was beautiful and we rented a boat and headed out to catch a beast! While we didn't catch a beast, we had tons of fish blowing up on our baits. We returned to the marina to find that the prop had been damaged during our travels. Ouch to the wallet! The marina was awesome and said that they would have Scott Martin autograph it and we could pick it up at a later date, which was amazing! We ended the evening early with hot showers in our very clean room We checked out this morning having thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We were on the road for about 30 minutes and I got a call from Lacy at the resort telling us that SCOTT MARTIN WAS THERE for breakfast!! We flipped around and got there in time to meet him and pick up the prop!! Scott was amazingly nice and spent about 15 minutes talking bass and taking photos with my extremely excited husband!! Thank you so much to Scott and Lacy for making Frank's 39th birthday one for the books!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday August 12 and Sunday August 13 of this year. The rooms are spacious and very clean as well as quiet, and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast buffet features bacon, sausage, potatoes and biscuits among other items and they cook your eggs to order. The lady at the desk was very nice and very helpful. Unfortunately I didn't have occasion to dine at their restaurant but my friends all reported that it was excellent. Highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: August 2017
ramoniglesias, General Manager at Roland Martin's Marina and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Richard thank you for the review. We have a hardworking staff that loves to get reviews from happy customers like you. Hope you get back here soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My dad and I always dreamed of getting to this fishery. We finally got that opportunity and fished with Tom Mann. It was such a great experience. I have been fishing my whole life and always wanted to get here and finally made it happen. It was like Christmas morning coming here to fish and can't wait to get back here this winter. The business is so top notch. I am in the hospitality industry and I am always very particular when I am out. Your organization hit it out of the park. We fished with Tom and I can't stop spreading his praises. Very informative and answered all our questions. We had breakfast and went fishing. Upon our return we had lunch and food was top notch. Then we went to the tackle shop and shopped for baits to bring home and we finished our trip at the marine store for some apparel. All I can say it keep up the great work. I know how hard it is to stay on top of a service based industry. Can't wait to book my winter trip and stay at the resort this time. Till then...tight lines

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Came here in July with my 12 year old son for a two-day side trip from our family vacation in the Keys. My son is obsessed with bass fishing and his favorite fisherman is Roland’s son, Scott Martin. So, we couldn’t pass up a chance to fish Okeechobee – and to stay at the Roland Martin Resort. An acquaintance who grew up in Clewiston recommended our fantastic guide, Steve Daniels, who met us each morning before dawn at the Marina, and put us on fish despite the tougher fishing in late July. Steve was an excellent guide, great with me and my son, and both of us caught our personal best bass! I couldn’t recommend Steve any more highly. That same acquaintance suggested that the RM Resort might be a little worn down and that we would be better off staying in the newer Holiday Inn Express in town. However, we really wanted to be right on the water and to be in the middle of the fishing action, so we stayed here. So glad we did. Staff was laid back and easy going, but still helpful. We arrived late and the key was waiting for us, with clear instructions to get us to our room and settled. On our last day, they were flexible with a later checkout so we could stay on the lake longer. The room was big and really did the trick. We stayed in one of the efficiency units with a kitchen – and used the fridge and microwave for snacks and leftovers from the restaurant on site. Speaking of which, the vibe at the restaurant was great – and the food was pretty good too. If you were designing a casual indoor / outdoor bar restaurant for a marina at a bass fishing lake, I think you would do well to come up with this place. Overall, the Resort exceeded my expectations. It was bigger and more open than I had expected (there are a number of different buildings depending on the type of room you book). It wasn’t fancy by any means - sure there could be some updates and remodeling here and there. But, overall it was in good shape and perfect for afternoons and nights after being on the lake.

Final note: My son walked down to the on-site bait and tackle store by himself to pick up a new lure and while he was there he recognized Scott Martin, who just happened to be in town and walked in at that moment. My son asked him – “are you Scott Martin?” and he replied “sure am, dude”. My son was super-excited since he watches Scott on youtube religiously. I eventually made my way down there and Scott stayed and talked fishing with us, posed for pictures and couldn’t have been nicer. What a great experience!

We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 8 August 2017

My husband and I stayed in motel room 110 this past weekend. I did not check reviews before going or booking. Our first thought upon entering our room was the room was big and spacious as well as clean. We enjoyed dinner and cocktails at the Tiki bar. Service was good (Amanda) and food delicious! I had the fish and my husband shrimp.
We rode our motorcycle over this trip to check it out for a future boat trip. I read the reviews on line the next morning and was a little confused. I will say some comments on the reviews are accurate however, the service we receive was not during peak season. If you live in Florida you know the service time is dependent on the season. Lots of people , longer wait. Plan accordingly. Our wait was normal for fresh cooked food but I don't think we waited longer than 12-15 minutes. The second evening my husband had the gator bites out of curiosity from the reviews. He agrees they were delicious. I loved the fresh delicious fish so I had it again! We sat at the bar both nights so Amanda and Terry waited on us Saturday night. Again, excellent service even when the reunion group showed up and they were slammed. I observed the other staff member while we dined and just hang out. There are some excellent waitress and specifically note worthy - Precious. I did not have her as my server but she was very attentive to her tables. London is a young man who is hustling all over the place as well. Carrying food, grabbing ice anything he saw that needed to be done. Very impressed with both of them. We will go back and will stay at the lodge again.

Room Tip: They offer condos that look amazing you just need to stay three nights.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple