“Delicious sushi rolls and friendly service”
Review of Siam Orchid

Siam Orchid
Ranked #29 of 176 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=7592061830030270137
Reviewed 5 April 2017

We went for dinner for our last night in La Quinta Cocoa Beach - Port Canaveral. Siam Orchid has a delicious variety of sushi rolls, appetizers and Main dishes. Tried the Thai iced tea and Thai donuts -different and yummy. Both are tasty and sweet. Service is fast, attentive and friendly. Observed people picking orders to go.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We chose this restaurant because it was on site at the hotel we were staying in for a night. The food was authentic sushi and Asian dishes. They had an amazing selection and extensive menu. The drinks were good and strong. The service was quick. The cost was moderate to high, but this is really authentic Asian/Sushi food. If were are back in the area again, we would look forward to returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Went there with a party of five, ordered a lot of items from the Sushi menu as well as several of the other cooked dishes. The Sushi presentation was as great as the Sushi, all of the hot dishes were delicious and well prepared. Wait staff was okay, cleared tables too fast even though it wasn't that busy. Would definitely go back again.

1  Thank cosmo2012015
Reviewed 2 April 2017

+ Decor is awesome
+ Price was decent
+ Miso soup was palatable

- Bathrooms smelled nasty
- Food was flavorless and textures were unappetizing
- They don't know how to make spicy mayo
- Drinks were watery wastes of money

I have no idea what is going on with Asian in Brevard but everything keeps turning up bad experiences recently. Would not return, would not recommend except to check out the decor.

---

The Siam Orchid Roll was a disgrace. They didn't use spicy mayo, they used plain mayo. Legit, no joke. It was white, overpoweringly sweet, creamy and mayo~y. The fried tilapia on top was soggy, the ratios in each slice varied wildly with huge chunks of different things in each piece. One was all cream cheese while another had a huge chunk of eel, etc. I don't think I've ever seen such a minuscule amount of avocado in a roll before, either. It was like a toothpick's worth! Each slice failed miserably in at least texture, flavor, appearance, and at worst, all of the above.

The spicy Basil combination was absolutely flavorless. Each ingredient tasted as though it was boiled in plain water and then slapped on a plate and doused with the most watery, thin sauce ever. The server couldn't understand that we wanted flavor and heat. She just smiled and laughed nervously with absolutely no good input. The options appeared to be plain or plain with a ton of chili paste slapped on top. We went with the 'plain' (as in not Thai Hot) option expecting to have flavor and asked for the spice jar set. Just all around nope. No heat AND no flavor.

The kid's teriyaki was a nasty, pressboard chicken slab covered in brown water, sliced into strips. It came with fries. I'm never ordering from a kid's menu again at an Asian place here. If I wanted to give my kid frozen fake chicken matter and fries I would have taken her to McDonald's.

The vegetable fried rice had the weirdest flavor and the vegetables felt undercooked. I can't even describe it but it was unpleasant at best.

The Thai tea and Thai coffee were watery before the ice even melted. The Dr. Pepper was a slightly chilled can. For the price he should have received 6 of them.

The one star is because the ambiance and decor are phenomenal. Just don't let your kids stare at the statues too long if you're a prude because just about every single one features prominent, erect, hard...ya know...or extremely suggestive poses...but there were awesome little private booths with shades, beautiful fish, artwork and so many interesting things going on that, imo, warrant an entire star.

I don't think anyone but my daughter had eaten since the day before and it was about 5 PM so we were starving and ate most of our food...and the price overall would have been considered a good deal had the food not been so bad... If you don't have functioning tastebuds or the ability to feel texture in your mouth, you'll love the food here.

I just don't understand how everything was so bland and off and watery. Were we the first customers in days and nothing was ready to go? Was everyone new? Were they low on supplies and thought if they went halfsies with water they could stretch their ingredients?

I've lived in Brevard for most of my life and this Siam Orchard has always been talked up by literally everyone I've ever met. It's an expensive, high-quality, top-notch establishment that's basically the Ulysses of sushi in Brevard, they'd say... I had never been. I'd been saving it for a special occasion and chose to send off my closest friend who was moving to MA with a meal at the 'best Asian restaurant in Brevard'... What a letdown!

1  Thank KnirpsLyn
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We have eaten at Siam Orchid at least two or three times over the years and both the food and service were alright. However, last night my wife got terribly sick about three hours after eating there. It must have been either the Thai Iced Coffee or the lettuce salad she had, since I split sushi with her and had no ill effects. It is 3:30 in the afternoon the day after as I write this and she is still in bed, struggling to hold sips of ginger ale down.
Service also slipped compared to part visits - restaurant only half full at best but still took 10 minutes for someone to come and take our drink orders.

1  Thank FatherXmas2011