Free cancellation until 29/07
US$209
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$168
Hampton.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$229
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach-Port Canaveral(Cocoa Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$158
US$148
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsthree bedroommaster bedroomgames roomon site restaurantocean frontwasher dryerdunkin donutscovered parkingfull kitchenrooms face the oceanboth bedroomstennis courtscorner unitrci exchangehot tubtime sharewell maintained and clean
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Enjoyed a one week stay, from April 14 to 21, 2012. We had a 2 bedroom unit that we shared with another couple. Very nice, clean property right on the beach. All rooms appear to be ocean front, with balconies. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Dino's restaurant is a hidden treasure. We had lunch there twice. Great service and good prices. Indoor or outdoor seating.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank steveandjerri
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My family and I stayed here during Spring Break 2012. This resort was built appx. 20 years ago.All of the condos have an ocean view. The best thing about this resort is it's size & location. This resort is appx. an 8 minute walk to the Cocoa Beach Pier. We enjoyed hanging out at the pier a lot. The pier shuts down at 10pm due to the city noise ordinance. I love the fact that this a smaller resort. It only took 5 minutes to walk from our 4th floor condo to the beach. We stayed in 412. If you are considering staying here, I would suggest that you request a 3rd floor or higher condo so you can enjoy the view while having a small wait on the elevator. The staff at Discovery is very friendly. I witnessed the night security person making his rounds at all hours of the night. I felt very safe here. This is a very clean establishment. The master suite is large. Improvements I would like to see made in the master bath would be to have double sink. Also, the installation of a tub, preferably jacuzzi, in place of the shower, as I enjoy taking bubble baths when on vacation. The 2nd bedroom is small in size but I don't think the kids minded it a bit. They need to add more hangers to the closets. The washer & dryer in our condo was not the best as it was noisy and the lint trap always fell out during the cycle getting lint on our clean clothes. I liked being able to purchase extra laundry soap at the front desk. I thought it was odd to place the dishes in the entry closet. The cabinets in the kitchen are poorly designed and need updated, as it is hard for a shorter person to reach them. It is annoying that when you are laying in bed you can hear the people above you moving their chairs across the floor. The living room/dining area is nice. It is convenient having the restaurant on site and the prices are fair. I enjoyed the tiki bar. I liked hearing the XM radio at the pool. The kids enjoyed the daily activities at the pool. Dunkin' Donuts and Publix grocery store are close walking distance from this resort. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request top floor ~ All condos have an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My family and I travelled from Ontario to Cocoa Beach for our spring break. This was our first visit to Cocoa Beach. We chose Discovery Beach Resort based on reviews and location. We have seen most of Florida and I have to say that Cocoa Beach was one of our favourite destinations.
As for the resort...

Check in: Went smoothly. I had pre-requested a room higher than 2nd floor (since everyone had tipped us off on the view) and we were given the 3rd floor. So, I guess they fulfilled my request, but barely. It would have been nice to have a room on one of the higher up floors. Upon check-in, you are given a check-list of the items found in your unit. They ask that you check to be sure everything is accounted for when you get to your room. This is a somewhat lengthly task since the room is fully equiped with everything from kleenex to a potato masher.... Front desk staff were all friendly with the exception of one lady.

The room: As mentioned, it is fully equiped with everything you could possibly need. Washer/dryer with one sample sized box of Tide. Sample sized bottle of Palmolive dishsoap and packages of dishwashing powder for the dishwasher. All utensils, cutlery, and dishes. Pots/pans and baking sheets. Pool towels. There aren't any samples of shampoo or conditioner and only a couple of small bars of soap. You will need to bring your own. We had to ask for more bar soap. We had a 2 bdrm unit. The master has a television and an ensuite bath with stand-up shower. Our bed was quite comfortable. The 2nd room had 2 twin beds and a closet. Much smaller but adequate for my 2 kids (there isn't a tv in this room). The main bathroom has a tub/shower. As mentioned, the rooms are all direct ocean front with fabulous views (if you're higher than the 2nd floor). Great balcony. You won't get your room cleaned but once a week (wednesday). And since we checked out on a thursday, we didn't get our room serviced. She did knock on our door wednesday morning, asking if we needed anything. But since we were leaving the following day, it wasn't neccessary. There has been some mention of noise... Yes, you will hear chairs scraping across the floor above you. And you'll hear the toilets flushing and showers running from other units. It wasn't really that bad though. The only real gripe I had was that the showers couldn't seem to regulate temperature. Every shower we took jumped from hot to cold to hot to cold....

The Resort: A great, warm pool. There weren't a lot of kids at the resort while we were there. Mostly retirees, so the pool wasn't overun with screaming children. There are enough poolside lounge chairs but few umbrellas. And, although there are signs stating that reserving chairs with towels is NOT allowed, people do it anyways. We had one incident where an old couple left to go someplace and came back accusing us of moving her towel off HER chair... Meanwhile there wasn't a towel there when we sat down. Beware the sun loving retirees! LOL... The onsite restaurant/bar is great. We thouroughly enjoyed our meals and the prices were reasonable. Great staff too. There is an onsite workout room, computer/printer, games room, sauna, hot-tub, makeshift theatre, and activities desk. Outdoor basketball nets and tennis courts. The games room is dated and some of the games were out of order. All games are at least .50cents. My kids loved the air hockey table (we spent a small fortune on that game). The hot tub is hot, as it should be. The theatre plays movies around the clock. You simply just walk in and sit down. Kind of a neat idea for rainy days. Maureen, from the activities desk, was great. She was more than helpful and super friendly. Ample covered parking.

Beach: Typical for the Atlantic Coast, I would say. The sand is not raked so expect dried seaweed and washed up garbage. Not overly busy. The water was unusually warm for this time of year (mid March). My daughter found lots of simple shells. There are quite a few sufers at the pier. There was a guy renting lounge chairs/ unbrellas and boogie boards. $30.00 for 2 chairs, umbrella and 2 boogie boards for the day.

The area: I won't go into detail, since this isn't the place to write it. But, you won't be disappointed. We were able to walk to a grocery store as well as restaurants, the pier (which has some good eats), a Dunkin' Donuts. Within a short drive, you can be at the Cape which offers awesome food and views. We did mini-putt and go-carting, wildlife tours and zoos. Ron Jon's surf shop is only a couple minute drive. Not a lot of great shopping in Cocoa Beach but you don't have to drive far to find some.

Overall, the resort met our needs. It was clean and (mostly) quiet. But quite dated and definitely in need of a facelift. But they are trying. The Tiki Bar is nearly complete and will be a welcome addition to the resort. The staff do their best to make your stay a good one. I would definitely return to Cocoa Beach and would likely stay at Discovery Beach Resort again.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as you can get. Views of the beach/ocean are obstructed by sand dunes and overgrowth.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank luvnevrymntfit
Reviewed 11 March 2012

we are long time owners and visitors to discovery beach if going to spring training or orlando or beach this is the perfect spot fine staff clean resort with great pool and restaurant/bar also perfect for cruise ship customers Bruce Eanes, Richmond, Va.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rbehokie
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The friendliness of the staff, large size of the units, cleanliness, and the ocean location override the fact that the place could use a little bit of updating. The shower in the master bedroom ensuite needed replacing and the counters were a bit worn, but other than that, it was a great place to stay with the couple we were travelling with. Huge balcony overlooking the ocean and pier. A tiki bar is being constructed outside the restaurant which offers good food at some pretty amazing prices. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat and I'm pretty picky.

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms have a view of the pier.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends