“My #1 Recommendation for Cocoa Beach and Surrounding Area!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fat Snook

The Fat Snook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fat Snook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 167 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a casual beachside restaurant packed with a tremendous passion for fresh, local seafood, top quality seasonal ingredients, hand selected boutique-style wines and craft beers from across the world. Since opening in May of 2007, The Fat Snook has been dedicated to supporting local purveyors; Which has enabled us to showcase some of the finest ingredients Florida has to offer.
Ontario
“My #1 Recommendation for Cocoa Beach and Surrounding Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Contemporary dining at it's best. The service was exceptional and the FOOD IS AMAZING! I had the scallop appetizer with banana polenta which was divine. For dinner: shrimp with pumpkin grits that made my belly happy. My husband enjoyed the feature grouper. We don't often do this...but we ordered a $165 bottle of Sea Smoke Ten because such beautiful food needs to be paired with a beautiful wine. Apart from the wine, I feel the cost of each of our meals just under $30 each was a bargain. Do yourself a favor and EAT HERE

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank CoolTripper

Melbourne, Florida
“We highly recommend The Fat Snook!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband, daughter, and I had dinner Jan. 25th at The Fat Snook for our anniversary, and had outstanding meals! They presented us with a handmade anniversary card upon our arrival which was signed by their employees (a very nice personal touch). Everything was SUPER FRESH: our salads were beautiful. My hubby and I had the fresh catch (tile fish) on a phylo dough and fresh corn salsa (the Zellwood corn was so fresh that it was like eating it from the field). DELICIOUS!! Our daughter had scallops and shrimp on pasta in a newburgh sauce (also very delicious and fresh). We shared two desserts: creme brulee and whoopie cakes. The creme brulee had nutella on the bottom and a hint of coconut (again outstanding) as were the whoopie cakes! Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly and pleasant. As we left, they gave us a bag of homemade candy as an anniversary gift. Prices are definitely fine dining prices, but the food is well worth it. You have to try it; you'll be glad you did.

4 Thank JoyJoyLin
Raymore, Missouri
“Not traditional seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We went to The Fat Snook for our anniversary dinner. I had called ahead that it was our anniversary and they surprised us by having a card from all the restaurant staff on our table when we sat down.
Our waitress was very helpful with giving us suggestions of things to order and we followed her advice with good results. The crab cake we had was delicious and the main meals were good as well. The selections on the menu were very fancy and not what I'd expect from a restaurant in a small beach town. The food was tasty and well prepared and presented. We had appetizers, two meals, desserts and two drinks and the cost was not ourtrageous. It was a nice way to celebrate our anniversary and a great place for couples. I would not recommend for children!

Visited January 2012
4 Thank Aly A
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“expensive but worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

excellent seafood and ambiance! good service, go with time, since food doesnt come fast...but it is worth the wait!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rosana n
Detroit, Michigan
“Oh My Stars! Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Whenever I travel, I always go to TripAdvisor to see where I should go to eat. This restaurant is one of the best! I truly appreciate all of the past reviews that pointed us in the direction of The Fat Snook. Absolutely EVERYTHING we ate was FANTASTIC!!! The Onion Dill Bread with Honey Orange spread is like dessert. My spinach salad was probably the best I've ever had. My sister had a Fresh Catch special of Golden Tile fish that I could eat every week for the rest of my life. I ordered an amazing pesto shrimp with pumpkin grits and chorizo sauce. Oh my goodness, it was so so good! Needless to say, when I am back down this way, I will be returning to The Fat Snook. Thanks for a wonderful birthday dinner.

3 Thank christyristy