“Wonderful crab cakes and seafood!”
Review of Barrier Jack's

Barrier Jack's
Ranked #19 of 177 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is a tiny local restaurant- we waited a little while at lunch for a table for two, but it was so worth it! The crab cakes were so good, and we followed them with a seafood platter with fried oysters, fried scallops, blackened grouper- we were stuffed and satisfied. We were told by others that the breakfast is excellent also. This is like a local diner where everything is good.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Okay we looked this place up after it made the "10 little known restaurants in Florida are hard to find but worth the search." Actually very easy to find and yes it was well worth the stop. The place is small but very friendly that included the owner/chief coming out to talk to every patron and asking how was their meal. The food was delicious and enormous in proportion. My wife and I each had the seafood medley where you could pick whatever seafood you wanted. Cannot say enough about how good the food was a how the staff treated everyone, just homey and fun, not stuffy in any way. Loved it and will be back there again soon, probably this Sunday for all day breakfast going for the Crab cake Benedict.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

The restaurant has has some miles on it, however the cartoon pirate, on the sign out front, told me I wasn't at a slacks and dress shirt type of place. Inside seating was limited, and parties of 5 or more would have a hard time getting a table. The wait staff was attentive and friendly, and only had to ask some people if they were having their "Regular," which told me the locals must like it here. I got the grouper po boy and it was delicious. The bread was fresh, fried fish was pilled high, and their homemade tarter sauce was killer. This is definitely a knife and fork sandwich, there is no way to eat it with your hands. Overall if your looking for a good affordable breakfast or lunch this is a great local option.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Had the crab cake Benedict and was completely satisfied. I will order this again. The owner, Jack, makes a special effort to greet the patrons and make sure everything is as expected.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Barrier Jacks was highly recommended by our hotel. We were headed to a cruise and decided to have breakfast. Plenty of outdoor seating on right side of restaurant with ceiling fans. Furnishings are a little rough and rusty from salt air. My husband had the eggs with ham. Portions were plentiful. Ham was very good. I got scrambled eggs with grits. Grits were very lumpy but hot. I ordered cheese with the eggs. Eggs were scrambled and then a slice of cheese laid on top. Not very good. Eggs cold. Wouldn't make any special effort to go back.