“Fine dining ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice first class restaurant that looks like a house with a front porch. There is also plenty of parking as a public lot is across the street. It has a nice bar that seats about 10. The dining room is pretty small and probably seats about 40 people. Nice friendly decor with friendly competent servers. The wine list is quite extensive and reasonably priced. The appetizers and entrees are also very reasonable for the quality. The soup and appetizers escargot were very good. The grouper was good but I would prefer just lightly sautéed and not fried in Panko. My husband got the beef tenderloin which was supposed to be medium rare but it was more medium and a bit over cooked. All in all it was a good meal.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I wish there were more restaurants like this... Vintage on 5th was the best place we went to during our Florida trip. We went twice and both times it was fully booked so we had our meals behind the bar counter where Valerie took great care of us. You start drooling immediately after looking at the menu. Delicious starters (pork belly and shrimps to die for) are followed by a selection of Southern dishes, fresh seafood or meat. Everything is cooked to perfection. Numerous wines by glass (mostly from California). Thank you Valerie, Michael and the team!

1  Thank HedonisteModerne
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I dined at Vintage on 5th in December of 2015 when we were in the area for my daughter’s 13h birthday. We really enjoyed it and so booked again when we were back for another birthday. It wasn’t the same.

The good:

Nancy, who confirmed my reservation, and also called to tell us of an issue with their POS system that could delay credit card transactions. She’s lovely and just a gem.

The truffle fries were excellent, and I enjoyed the risotto of the evening, although the two people who actually ordered it did not.

Two of our four entrees were underwhelming, at best. Two were decent, but not great. Even the cheese platter lacked....something. I don’t think I’ve ever said that about cheese.

The service was the biggest disappointment. We knew here could be glitches with the POS, but even with that, it was unacceptably slow. We had no special orders or requests, and we were here for nearly three hours. Four people. Our server sure looked like he was hustling all over that dining room, but he was, unfortunately, generally inattentive and distracted.

Sad to say we would not go a third time.

1  Thank Quincella
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Had dinner with friends on New Year's Eve. Friends had NY Strip steak and salad. Everything done to their order. My wife had the She Crab soup, salad and 1/2 duck. I had the Osso Bucco prepared with pork versus veal and it while it was good, I would have preferred veal. I had the Ahi Tuna Tartare as an appetizer; very good. Overall we all enjoyed our meals and the prices were reasonable.
Risotto and scalloped potatoes kind of bland. Vegetables were done properly. Salad was also good. We ordered a bottle of the "proprietor selection" Merlot wine and it turned out to be Castle Rock from Washington State; at $20, very reasonable.

1  Thank Jerry D
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Great place to go for a wonderful experience, great food, great service, great wait staff.
Very relaxed, comfortable setting. Friendly staff, Food always cooked perfectly.