“Good, fresh seafood, we'll be back!”

Seafood Seller & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Crystal River
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family based cafe.All our products from fish, chicken, steaks are all fresh and prepared to order.We donot take reservations however our turn time is fairly quick.We have been known to stay open late to feed our guest.Please come give us a try .We also have a retail market so you are able to buy fresh seafood to go.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

This restaurant was recommended to us and they did have great fresh seafood offerings, the grouper sandwich was excellent! The desserts were good too! We were a little confused, though, with the Cajun offerings--this is the second Cajun restaurant we've been to that had tasty but bland chicken and sausage gumbo. I don't know if this is a new thing, making the gumbo less spicy and letting customers add their own flavoring, but we've been to New Orleans several times over the years and prefer it to be made spicy. Then the smoked amberjack and habenero appetizer was good, but it needed more of a smoky taste to balance out the heat.

All in all we'd go back but would stick to the fresh seafood and dessert!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My wife and I were in Crystal River to enjoy the manatees and soak up some sun. We did a quick trip advisor check on best seafood restaurants in the area. We were certainly not disappointed with the Seafood Seller and Cafe. This place was filled with local folk looking for their favorite dishes. My wife and I had some Fantastic grilled shrimp, hush puppies, and outstanding beans and rice, followed by beignets and key lime cheesecake. If you are in the area don’t miss this place, it’s worth the time to stop.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We visited Seafood Sellers Cafe on 1/11/2018 for dinner. The restaurant is located in an unimpressive strip mall, but don't let that deter you. The food and service were fantastic, and the prices were fair This is a neighborhood place, not a tourist trap. You won't be disappointed. And, I was a tourist. :-)

There's a full bar where you can enioy a beverage while you wait, and we did have to wait on a Thursday night - a testament to its popularity. One of our party had the crab cakes and was extremely pleased. I had a grilled fish, which was great. Fortunately, I also ordered the add-on fried oysters. At age 59 I've had a few oysters along the way, but I have to say these were absolutely the best ever! They put some sort of spice in the batter and it is just perfect. They offer the fried oysters soft, medium or hard - different amount of time spent in the fryer. I chose medium and it was just right for my taste. Soft is likely a little chewier and hard a little crispier.

Go there. You'll be happy you did.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Disappointed. Not as good as old location. Service slow, French fries cold. Have to use one of your sides to get hush puppies None come with meal. Corn not as good.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We were disappointed in our first visit to the Seafood Seller but there are few really good restaurants in the area and others gave the restaurant good reviews, so we went back to give it a second try for a seafood dinner. Unfortunately, we had some of the same issues -- loud bar that overflowed into the dining area, music that also was too loud for holding a conversation with dining partners, food that was OK but not great, unprofessional service, and prices that are appropriate at high-end restaurants with better food, a nicer atmosphere and more polished service, not a "diner style" restaurant in a strip mall or a sports bar with three TVs going.

Perhaps most disappointing is the attitude of the manager in his replies to reviews here. If people offer constructive criticism, he just tells them why they're wrong or what they did wrong in not contacting managers on site, rather than taking their comments to heart and using them as vehicles for change. Since many people seem to like the restaurant as it is, perhaps the ones who are not pleased don't matter to the manager and the Seafood Seller will continue to succeed. Perhaps the lack of really good restaurants in the area makes this one look better? We won't be back for a third time.

cajuncook001, Manager at Seafood Seller & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Sorry for your terrible experience...I really do care what people think of our place.. but look at it this way it sounds like your going to not be pleased any where you go....What do you want me to do stand up and tell everyone to be quite so you can eat.... really...and yes there are 3 tvs with no volume...really.... and yes kids make noise... You know do your self a favor and go give some else a hard time because We really do have the BEST customers in the WORLD and people like you are just unhappy.... could not resist I had to let you have it !!!! Have a great day and try to complain so much