“Early Sunday dinner with my wife”

Charlie's Fish House
Ranked #17 of 111 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We have had dinner at Charlie's Fish House a few times over the past 2 years. It is located in Crystal River, a bit of a hike from The Villages, but in most part worth it.
I had my standby Charlie's Favorite "The Grouper" dinner and my wife had the Stone Crab Claw appetizer and the Crab Cakes entree.
My dinner was prepared "Blackened" and very good.
My wife had 5 cold Stone Crab Claws for her appetizer . There is a fair amount of work you have to do to remove the succulent meat and according to my wife, worth it. My wife's Crab Cakes were just OK. She mentioned that they had more filler than crab. She was disappointed with that part of her dinner.

1  Thank Dennis L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 30 November 2017

My son and I ate here during Thanksgiving week 2017, and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at an affordable price. I had the seafood fettuccine with shrimp and scallops, and my son had the mahi mahi and seafood. The wait staff was excellent, the prices were affordable, and the food was wonderful. Thanks!

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Charlie's is where my wife and I go and where we take our friends when a restaurant is on our schedule. We usually eat at home, but Charlie's is our choice when going out.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Haven't been here for a few years. We usually go to Crackers nearby but thought we'd like to have a change. We were seated quickly with menus but it took the server quite a while to appear to ask for drink orders. Drinks arrived in good time. We ordered linguine with shrimp and scallops (one with alfredo and one with marinara sauce). We thought it odd that both these mains came with one side but we ordered one cole slaw and one fried okra. The server brought the sides out well before the meals. Isn't a "side" supposed to be be"side" the entrée? Anyway, when the main dishes arrived neither was particularly hot. My husband decided to eat his but I asked for mine to be taken back and heated. The server obliged and whisked it away. It was at least 10 minutes before it was returned. When I did finally get to eat, the food was quite tasty and the portions were a good size. The server checked back on us a couple of times to ask how things were. When we asked for the bill, I noticed that the tip suggestions at the bottom of the bill seemed a bit high. It is my understanding that tipping is done on pre-tax amounts but the suggestions here were done on the total bill. Not a huge difference on a single bill but multiply that by the hundreds/thousands of customers who frequent this establishment and it adds up. I do not begrudge a good tip for good service (usually I tip 20%) and fortunately, I am able to calculate tips without the "help" of suggested amounts printed on the bill.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

yes season nuzt started
very nice can have appetitor or full. two sauces. also alot of fresh fish on menu.

serve always good