Holiday Inn Express Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$77
US$72
US$88
US$85
Best Western Crystal River Resort(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$117
King's Bay Lodge(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$119
1,791 results
All reviewsgolf coursedive shopgrounds are beautifulmanatee touradventure centercaptain rossshuffle boardsunset cruisewater viewwet suitsmain buildinghot tubold floridagreat weekendscallopsmusty smellstayed longer
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I happened on finding this hotel, just for an overnight stay on the way home - but we will be back again for a longer one ! A beautiful plantation look to it, such nice employees and the outdoor facilities are outstanding !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sandra W, Guest Relations Manager at Plantation on Crystal River, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our online survey. We appreciate your positive feedback and will share your kind words with our resort staff. We strive to offer a family friendly atmosphere and are honored that your enjoyed our resort! We are in the beginning stages of room renovations and are excited about some new outdoor seating for our West 82 Grill as well!! We will look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Sandra Whitesell
Guest Service Manager
The Plantation on Crystal River
352-795-4211

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

From the pictures, this looks to be the best all around hotel in the area. For location, it probably is! However, once inside, it looks and feels old and worn down and slightly damp. The location is great, right on Kings Bay, swimming pool is good, Tiki Bar is ok! However, the rooms let the hotel down. It does appear to be undergoing renovation. The onsite dive shop/manatee tour centre is very good though and I can highly recommend the staff and the boat tours that run from here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a trip back in time. Crystal River is an old west Florida town.

Accommodations are limited and tend toward the types of facilities that seem to be a black & white travel card that should have a fleet of cars with tail-fins parked around them. This is a nice facility, maybe as nice a "resort-type" setting as there is to be found here. But understand: to enjoy this stay takes an anticipation of, and an appreciation for a "retro" experience.

If you are a traveler unwilling to accept the appearance of a plaster repair and an occasional spot of mold in damp corners, keep rolling -- Orlando (with Disney maintenance standards) is three hours away. If you do, however, you will miss out on a wonderful experience. Nothing here is "five star" but it is a great experience and a lot of fun. The Manatees are wonderful and monstrous. The Live Oaks, resplendent with Spanish Moss are a visual treat.

While the facility itself has its wants, the staff is exemplary. Plantation staff were some of the most helpful, accommodating, enthusiastic over-achievers I have ever met in the hospilatity industry. From desk to wait-staff to groundskeepers, this is a WONDERFUL group on people. I will return here, and recommend the Plantation to friends because of them.

Room Tip: Rooms on water my favorite, some might be bothered by early-morning boaters / fishermen in dock area. Villas on golf course - quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Had a fabulous time with Capt. Brian and our great guide, Lance! They were wonderful!!! We had the best time snorkeling up close to the Manatees!! We highly recommend this to anyone living here or visiting!!! Thank you again!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Peter M, Guest Relations Manager at Plantation on Crystal River, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. We appreciate your feedback, it's always wonderful to hear about our guest experience and we're glad you had fun swimming with the manatees! Hope to see you again soon!!

Sincerely
Sandra Whitesell
Guest Service Manager
The Plantation on Crystal River

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I booked this hotel because it had 5-star reviews on the Choice Hotels website and after the date for cancellation had passed, I came across a negative review on Tripadvisor about moldy smells in the rooms. I called and was assured there had never been a complaint in the building my rooms would be in. Unfortunately when I arrived late on a Saturday night, the two rooms I was given had an overpowering smell of mold.

There were no mold-free rooms available on a Saturday night. The next day they did upgrade me to a newer, renovated building without extra charge, but only after I threatened to cancel the rest of my reservation.

A lot of people have allergies to mold, some severe like me, and they really shouldn't be booking people into these rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a renovated building, but be prepared to pay!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple