“Best Stay Ever!!!!!”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I don't know how they do it, but ever time I stay there I am more impressed that the time before.
Great speedy check-in...I love the upgrade suggestion from the booking engine on the website and thank you to the girl in valet who told us about the little diner down the roa that makes thier own bread...amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

We are thrilled to hear from a returning guest. It is wonderful to learn that you had a chance to explore the local area and there's nothing quite like some delicious freshly baked bread! With so many area attractions, restaurants and shops just steps from the centrally located Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, there is always something to do. We appreciate your loyalty and your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Daytona Beach.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I am a Hiliton Diamond guest and stayed at this hotel in August 2011. During my stay in August I experienced several service issues. My closet door kept falling off the track. I requested it be fixed and left several notes on the door that it was not working. After 4 times of requesting it be fixed I finally left a firm note expressing my displeasure and again requested it be fixed. They still did not get it fixed. I finally had to go to the front desk and escalate this to a manager to get it fixed.

Then there was the problems with valet delays in getting my car.

Then one day of my stay I had a live Palmetto Bug in the room . I killed the bug myself and purposefully left the carcass to see if the housekeeper would remove it. It was never touched. Finally I took a picture of it and emailed it to the general manager, with copies to the assistant manager and front desk manager. Again I expressed my displeasure. I had no response from anyone. On check out I again requested to speak with the manager and expressed my displeasure of the lack of service at the Hilton.

I got through to the Front Desk Director who expressed apologies for the stay. As a good faith gesture since I was a Diamond guest and to assure my return business he offered a complimentary return stay.

I took the manager up on this offer and the return visit was no better. There were more service issues. On check in the desk clerk advised that the valet parking was covered by the manager as well as the room charges. She asked if I planned to charge anything to the room. I told her "No" and she said OK and did not request a credit card.

Well two days into my stay I requested my car from the valet and was informed that they could not give me my car. I asked them why and was loudly told for "non payment of my bill". This was in the presence of other guests. I then went to the front desk and was told that they would not release my car to me until I paid my valet bill and placed a credit card on the account for charges. I told the clerk on check in they advised valet parking was being covered by the manager and that a credit card was not needed. Again, the clerk told me they would not release my car until I paid the valet bill. I asked to speak with the manager and after a period of time the manager that originally approved my stay came out from the back. I advised that it was his desk clerk that said parking was part of the complimentary stay. He said sorry, I was hoping this would not come to this. He never requested a credit card and finally had my car brought to me. Why was my car held hostage for non payment or a credit card when the manager never requested on either?

While walking in the hall I noticed clean towels and bed sheets placed on the dirty stained carpet. My question is would the manager like to sleep on linen that had been on a dirty floor or use towels from the floor? Probably not.

One day our room was not cleaned.

Service in the restaurant for breakfast was poor on three days. Servers were noted complaining about their jobs and how overworked they were rather than serving customers

Television reception is not very good in the hotel. Old TV's with limited channels and fuzzy pictures.

No blankets on the beds.

The only consistently good thing going for this hotel is the location on the beach.

I was hoping my return experience would have been better, since the manager assured the issues on the first stay were not normal for this hotel. Well the return visit had many negatives as well as a major health violation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Abrndale

We would like to express our gratitude to you as a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and we greatly appreciate your loyalty and value your comments. It is always our goal to provide the best and most comfortable accommodations possible to our guests and we would like to express our deepest apologies for any and all inconveniences you may have experienced. Although you detail having spoken with our staff during your stay, please know that we will review your comments further with our full management team. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Very good location, rooms need upgrade, same for the pool area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently in the process of executing a number of upgrades and hope to welcome you back for a future stay at the updated Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Since our convention was held at the Ocean Center Daytona Beach, my best friend and I decided to stay in Hilton for 14 nights and 15 days, from the end of January towards the beginning of February.

Let's start with the good parts of this Hilton first:
- check in was easy and smooth
We had our room pretty quick.
- location is admirable
There are many shops and restaurants within half a mile.
- pleasing sight of the ocean
Our room was on the 9th floor and we had clear view of the beach. We'd leave the sliding door open at night to hear the ocean waves sing us a soothing lullaby. Precious!
- the staff is polite and helpful
that includes the servers in the restaurants within the hotel, bellhop, housekeeping personnel, but not the front desk and the rest of the management team

Now the unpleasant side:
- billing troubles
Five days into our stay, the hotel gave us an invoice with charges for daily parking when in fact, we only parked our rental car overnight since we drove from MCO to Hilton. We returned the car to Budget at DAB after 24 hours of renting it. Hilton took a few days before they finally cleared us of the unnecessary parking fees.

I won't write a lengthy story about all the other holds that they have done in my card and my best friend's card but it's enough for everyone to know that my best friend had to seek the management everyday for three days to lift the hold that they repeatedly put on his card. Even after checking out and paying the full amount, it took another one full week until the hold that they put in the middle of our stay in my credit card has been lifted completely.

The business center doesn't seem to be a part of this Hilton either. The hotel directs all packages to the business center and it charges a “little amount” to a package, the fee varies on the weight and size of the box. I had a 1.5-pound pair of shoes shipped from Amazon and the business center charged me $3 when I picked it up from them after an hour of its delivery.

Also, my best friend and I informed Hilton that instead of checking out on February 5, we would check out on February 4. We gave them that notice on January 29 and in response, they told us that they would charge us $50 for early check-out. After a few days of negotiation, they finally agreed to waive the $50 on the very day of our check-out.

I understand the fees for state tax and county occupancy tax but the Hilton itself adds so many other charges on top of things. It's not like their rooms look very good.

- insufferable restaurants within the hotel
Restaurants in Daytona Beach are generally not good at all but Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse, Legends Sports Bar, Doc Bales' Grill just make things worse. In life, there's food that looks appetizing but tastes terrible and there's food that has unlikely presentation that tastes delicious. Yet, those three restaurants in the Hilton serve food that neither look appetizing nor taste well. I don't mind paying for food as long as it's very much worth my money. I live in CA and I know what good food really is. The servers in Doc Bales' are a friendly bunch though.

- pool for display only
If the main pool wouldn't be heated, why not drain it? It's pretty useless.

- old gym equipment
Our local YMCA does so much better than their gym.

- room is substandard
No blanket ever, just a thin sheet and very old comforter. Same size pillows, very tiny and uncomfy. Cleaning lady comes to clean but sometimes puts stained towels. Really gross linen. The tub has some sort of stain which looks like rust but cannot be removed. Trash bins are too tiny. No fridge or microwave.

Summary
I don't mind paying well as long as I receive what my money is worth for. Clearly, this Hilton is a waste of everything, except for its location. I've never stayed in a hotel as terrible as this one and obviously, I have no wish to come back, nor do I recommend this to anybody. Just do your homework and check out other places to stay if you really have to be in Daytona Beach for an important reason. Otherwise, just avoid Daytona Beach all together if you are thinking of vacation. Probably for spring breakers, this Hilton or the Daytona Beach area would pass well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Our guest comments are extremely important to us and your thorough review and perspective is greatly appreciated. By including both what you found to be highlights of your stay, as well as the areas that may need more of our attention will help us to learn and improve upon the services and accommodations we provide. Thank you again for your feedback, we do apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced and hope to have an opportunity to win back your trust in our services with a future stay.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I was attending a conference that was in this hotel, so I stayed on property, and was rather disappointed. First off, I was getting the conference rate, which was good for it being a Hilton, but if I were paying full price, I'd have been livid. The staff were amazing, but the hotel itself needs to be renovated big time.

The carpet in the hallways is a trip hazard, the water faucet in the tub is tricky to say the least, and as everyone else has said - only the nasty comforter is on the bed...no blankets.

For my first shower I froze because I did not get any hot water to come out. Then my co-worker told me to play with the controls and it will work...well, the next day I struggled with the control and finally got hot water to come out...but was never able to get it cool again, so I took scalding hot showers.

The owners need to invest in some major upgrades to the basics for this hotel, or Hilton needs to take their name off of it. Guests are paying for a Hilton, with old accommodations. I've seen better in a Red Roof Inn.

As for the conference rooms, etc - those were all really nice and I have nothing bad to say.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, but we deeply regret any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. We would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we are in the design stages of extensive upgrades and renovations which will address most points that you have shared with us. It is great to read that you had a wonderful experience with our staff and enjoyed our conference facilities. We hope you’ll visit us again to enjoy the updated accommodations at our resort in the near future.