3,695 results
All reviewsself parkingnorth towerdoc balesacross the streetcabana suitehyde parkconvention centerocean frontresort feeper dayvalet serviceocean walk villageocean view roombike weekspring breakdaytonaconference
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I am a Hiliton Diamond guest and stayed at this hotel in August 2011. During my stay in August I experienced several service issues. My closet door kept falling off the track. I requested it be fixed and left several notes on the door that it was not working. After 4 times of requesting it be fixed I finally left a firm note expressing my displeasure and again requested it be fixed. They still did not get it fixed. I finally had to go to the front desk and escalate this to a manager to get it fixed.

Then there was the problems with valet delays in getting my car.

Then one day of my stay I had a live Palmetto Bug in the room . I killed the bug myself and purposefully left the carcass to see if the housekeeper would remove it. It was never touched. Finally I took a picture of it and emailed it to the general manager, with copies to the assistant manager and front desk manager. Again I expressed my displeasure. I had no response from anyone. On check out I again requested to speak with the manager and expressed my displeasure of the lack of service at the Hilton.

I got through to the Front Desk Director who expressed apologies for the stay. As a good faith gesture since I was a Diamond guest and to assure my return business he offered a complimentary return stay.

I took the manager up on this offer and the return visit was no better. There were more service issues. On check in the desk clerk advised that the valet parking was covered by the manager as well as the room charges. She asked if I planned to charge anything to the room. I told her "No" and she said OK and did not request a credit card.

Well two days into my stay I requested my car from the valet and was informed that they could not give me my car. I asked them why and was loudly told for "non payment of my bill". This was in the presence of other guests. I then went to the front desk and was told that they would not release my car to me until I paid my valet bill and placed a credit card on the account for charges. I told the clerk on check in they advised valet parking was being covered by the manager and that a credit card was not needed. Again, the clerk told me they would not release my car until I paid the valet bill. I asked to speak with the manager and after a period of time the manager that originally approved my stay came out from the back. I advised that it was his desk clerk that said parking was part of the complimentary stay. He said sorry, I was hoping this would not come to this. He never requested a credit card and finally had my car brought to me. Why was my car held hostage for non payment or a credit card when the manager never requested on either?

While walking in the hall I noticed clean towels and bed sheets placed on the dirty stained carpet. My question is would the manager like to sleep on linen that had been on a dirty floor or use towels from the floor? Probably not.

One day our room was not cleaned.

Service in the restaurant for breakfast was poor on three days. Servers were noted complaining about their jobs and how overworked they were rather than serving customers

Television reception is not very good in the hotel. Old TV's with limited channels and fuzzy pictures.

No blankets on the beds.

The only consistently good thing going for this hotel is the location on the beach.

I was hoping my return experience would have been better, since the manager assured the issues on the first stay were not normal for this hotel. Well the return visit had many negatives as well as a major health violation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Abrndale
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

We would like to express our gratitude to you as a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and we greatly appreciate your loyalty and value your comments. It is always our goal to provide the best and most comfortable accommodations possible to our guests and we would like to express our deepest apologies for any and all inconveniences you may have experienced. Although you detail having spoken with our staff during your stay, please know that we will review your comments further with our full management team. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Very good location, rooms need upgrade, same for the pool area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently in the process of executing a number of upgrades and hope to welcome you back for a future stay at the updated Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Since our convention was held at the Ocean Center Daytona Beach, my best friend and I decided to stay in Hilton for 14 nights and 15 days, from the end of January towards the beginning of February.

Let's start with the good parts of this Hilton first:
- check in was easy and smooth
We had our room pretty quick.
- location is admirable
There are many shops and restaurants within half a mile.
- pleasing sight of the ocean
Our room was on the 9th floor and we had clear view of the beach. We'd leave the sliding door open at night to hear the ocean waves sing us a soothing lullaby. Precious!
- the staff is polite and helpful
that includes the servers in the restaurants within the hotel, bellhop, housekeeping personnel, but not the front desk and the rest of the management team

Now the unpleasant side:
- billing troubles
Five days into our stay, the hotel gave us an invoice with charges for daily parking when in fact, we only parked our rental car overnight since we drove from MCO to Hilton. We returned the car to Budget at DAB after 24 hours of renting it. Hilton took a few days before they finally cleared us of the unnecessary parking fees.

I won't write a lengthy story about all the other holds that they have done in my card and my best friend's card but it's enough for everyone to know that my best friend had to seek the management everyday for three days to lift the hold that they repeatedly put on his card. Even after checking out and paying the full amount, it took another one full week until the hold that they put in the middle of our stay in my credit card has been lifted completely.

The business center doesn't seem to be a part of this Hilton either. The hotel directs all packages to the business center and it charges a “little amount” to a package, the fee varies on the weight and size of the box. I had a 1.5-pound pair of shoes shipped from Amazon and the business center charged me $3 when I picked it up from them after an hour of its delivery.

Also, my best friend and I informed Hilton that instead of checking out on February 5, we would check out on February 4. We gave them that notice on January 29 and in response, they told us that they would charge us $50 for early check-out. After a few days of negotiation, they finally agreed to waive the $50 on the very day of our check-out.

I understand the fees for state tax and county occupancy tax but the Hilton itself adds so many other charges on top of things. It's not like their rooms look very good.

- insufferable restaurants within the hotel
Restaurants in Daytona Beach are generally not good at all but Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse, Legends Sports Bar, Doc Bales' Grill just make things worse. In life, there's food that looks appetizing but tastes terrible and there's food that has unlikely presentation that tastes delicious. Yet, those three restaurants in the Hilton serve food that neither look appetizing nor taste well. I don't mind paying for food as long as it's very much worth my money. I live in CA and I know what good food really is. The servers in Doc Bales' are a friendly bunch though.

- pool for display only
If the main pool wouldn't be heated, why not drain it? It's pretty useless.

- old gym equipment
Our local YMCA does so much better than their gym.

- room is substandard
No blanket ever, just a thin sheet and very old comforter. Same size pillows, very tiny and uncomfy. Cleaning lady comes to clean but sometimes puts stained towels. Really gross linen. The tub has some sort of stain which looks like rust but cannot be removed. Trash bins are too tiny. No fridge or microwave.

Summary
I don't mind paying well as long as I receive what my money is worth for. Clearly, this Hilton is a waste of everything, except for its location. I've never stayed in a hotel as terrible as this one and obviously, I have no wish to come back, nor do I recommend this to anybody. Just do your homework and check out other places to stay if you really have to be in Daytona Beach for an important reason. Otherwise, just avoid Daytona Beach all together if you are thinking of vacation. Probably for spring breakers, this Hilton or the Daytona Beach area would pass well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Our guest comments are extremely important to us and your thorough review and perspective is greatly appreciated. By including both what you found to be highlights of your stay, as well as the areas that may need more of our attention will help us to learn and improve upon the services and accommodations we provide. Thank you again for your feedback, we do apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced and hope to have an opportunity to win back your trust in our services with a future stay.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I was attending a conference that was in this hotel, so I stayed on property, and was rather disappointed. First off, I was getting the conference rate, which was good for it being a Hilton, but if I were paying full price, I'd have been livid. The staff were amazing, but the hotel itself needs to be renovated big time.

The carpet in the hallways is a trip hazard, the water faucet in the tub is tricky to say the least, and as everyone else has said - only the nasty comforter is on the bed...no blankets.

For my first shower I froze because I did not get any hot water to come out. Then my co-worker told me to play with the controls and it will work...well, the next day I struggled with the control and finally got hot water to come out...but was never able to get it cool again, so I took scalding hot showers.

The owners need to invest in some major upgrades to the basics for this hotel, or Hilton needs to take their name off of it. Guests are paying for a Hilton, with old accommodations. I've seen better in a Red Roof Inn.

As for the conference rooms, etc - those were all really nice and I have nothing bad to say.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, but we deeply regret any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. We would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we are in the design stages of extensive upgrades and renovations which will address most points that you have shared with us. It is great to read that you had a wonderful experience with our staff and enjoyed our conference facilities. We hope you’ll visit us again to enjoy the updated accommodations at our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

The first night we arrived we decided, we would never stay at this Hilton again. That's how angry I had become. Thankfully the front desk clerk that ruined our first night, recommended since she could do nothing for us, that we should speak to management in the morning. I can assure you, I did exactly that. The hotel manager and his staff without question quickly remedied our horrible experience. This did redeem them. Unfortunately, I do not feel that any repeat Hilton guest spoiled by the Hilton brand should go through what we went through and still have to wait and have management fix the problem the next day. We were put in a room on the 11th floor to which I explained to the front desk clerk that we had booked a first floor suite that put us right out on the beach. She explained that they had nothing like that and could not help. She went as far as to explain that the Hilton reservationist had lied to get us to book here and that we could not go by the pictures since they are never reflective of the hotel rooms. I had found this strange, aggravating, and in my book illegal. Bait and switches are not something we are used to with Hilton. The 11th floor is in DESPARATE need of renovation as you will read in other reviews. Our first impression when we came off of the elevator was, Oh my God where have we booked a room at?? The Bellman arrived at the same time that we opened the door to the room, we immediately said this is not the room we booked. The Bellman was great, he waited while I tried to get a new room. The first phone call to the front desk was not encouraging I was told there were no other rooms available and the room I booked did not exist. I headed down to the front desk explaining that this was unacceptable, my plea fell on deaf ears. I headed back up to the room and immediately called Hilton Customer Service. Natalie my Rep. was rude and unhelpful, the same as the front desk clerk, I was unpleasantly surprised here as well. She asked me, "What did I expect her to do if the hotel does not offer the room I booked then the room must not exist to be offered. I informed here I wanted the room I booked.....THAT'S what I expected. She proceeded to call the hotel and get me a new room. She asked me to go back down to the front desk and they would move me. Do you think that happened? No! The front desk actually refused to move us and told the Hilton Rep. "Absolutely not, I WILL NOT move them!" She told me she would be moving me to the same room and that would be foolish. She then offered me a suite for $140.00 more each night if I wanted. I told her thank you but no thank you. That's when she recommended we see management in the morning. By now it was after midnight and I was finished arguing. The next morning came and I happened to walk by an office with a sign reading, "Administrattive Offices" I thought to myself what do I have to loose? So I went in spoke to the lady at the desk and gave her a brief explanation and asked to speak with someone in management. She was shocked and assured me that this was not standard practice for this resort. Shortly after speaking to her the hotel manager called me from his home, we had a conversation about my issue and he explained that he was on his way and had instructed his staff to move me to.........your gonna love this.............take a wild guess...........the exact suite I had booked that I was told did not exist by the front desk clerk. Not only did he move us to the correct suite but he gave us the convention rate that we had booked in with and sent comp tickets to breakfast for our stay. I was extremely grateful for his treatment of us and informed him that I was asking for nothing special I just wanted what the reservationist sold me. He insisted on taking care of us. His staff in the morning was also just as helpful and apologetic. Our new suite was nice once they had the door issue fixed. They had to finally send someone down to reprogram the door so that our keys would work. While we had no more interaction with the management staff until our departure the stay turned out to be not so bad. I cannot say that we will definitely return, we will have to think very wisely before doing so. The only thing I can say is, "I hope you don't have to go through what we went through."

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

We are thankful to learn that despite initial difficulties, our management team helped to straighten out any misunderstanding at check-in and you were finally able to enjoy your accommodations. Any frustrations are understandable and we can appreciate the impact that they may have had on your stay. Although it seems we didn’t meet your expectations, we can learn from your words as we continuously strive to improve our guests’ experience. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and sincerely appreciate that you've shared your perspective with us.