“Never again”

La Playa Resorts & Suites
Ranked #52 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The hotel does not look anything like the pictures online. The room was very dated and worn, with the ceiling cracked above the curtain and rusty old stove and exhaust in kitchen area, the headboards had the veneer picked off, and the beds were made with only a sheet. My sisters room at least had a decorative piece of material at the base of the bed to give impression of a bed spread. Mine was a sheet, that's it.
The balcony is somewhat private with a low wall between you and your neighbor. I could reach over and touch their belongings if i had wanted to and it would be quite easy to hop over and go into their room through the balcony door. Basically two rooms shared one balcony with a low wall divider between them.
We had asked for adjoining rooms with another family member, but were given the 9th floor and our room was on the 2nd floor. Staying on the second floor was a terrible experience. I am a light sleeper and got very little sleep due to noise. I was awakened every night of my stay due to noise. The pool was supposed to close at 11pm, but every night had people swimming until the wee hours of the morning. Often very loud. One night at 2:30am someone directly in front of the steps leading to the beach sat off fireworks repeatedly. It was clearly a hotel guest given the close proximity to the hotel. I called the desk as the firework show continued and was told they had called the sheriff's office and were waiting on an officer. I never saw an officer. After about 15 minutes it stopped, but my three children and myself were wide awake at that point. There is apparently no security to take care of hotel problems.
The staff were very nice with the exception of one registration clerk. I have family in the area and on the first day I had a family member come to visit. I spoke with a gentleman at the registration desk and was told no parking pass was needed if she did not spend the night. The next day another family member came to the hotel and left crying because the front officer clerk was so rude. She was told she would have to park across the busy 4 lane road in a shopping center lot. She asked if she could just come to one of our rooms to let us know she wasn't staying because she couldn't walk that far and was told "no, not unless you park across the street." When I spoke to my family member and learned what had happened i went to the front desk and asked the clerk who denied being rude. She never apologized for the incident and told me there was no manager to talk to except her. Minutes later i saw an employee walk into a room with a locked door, i knocked and asked to speak to a manager and the manager came out to speak to me. The clerk apparently lied. I've never had such an experience. Very unprofessional to top off a poor quality hotel. I can honestly say that every year we visit Daytona to see family, I will never stay at the Laplaya again.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere for your hotel stay!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pssscarce

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Laplaya means "let's go... To the beach!" But not for us. We booked through Expedia. Expedia should not recommend nor even allow someone to book. It is said you are who you hang out with. So Expedia keep hanging out with Laplaya and I will stop hanging out with Expedia.

First impression, nothing like website pictures. Second impression, door lock "rotting out", stains on bed throw, and hairs on pillow, hairs on side of mattress, hairs in middle of bed, hairs on walls in shower... If clean is what you are looking for, look elsewhere. We checked out within 20 minutes of checking in and luckily found another place at last minute.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Everything was great except the continental breakfast, there was not a good variety and the toasters did not work well, rooms were clean and at a good price, the pool and access to the beach is convenient. Service at check in and check out with Yinnette was wonderful, she was professional as well as helpful.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Well where do i start when we first arrived with food i might mention the refrigerator did not work! The guy they sent to fix it did not know anything about nothing so we got another refrigerator about 2 in the morning, The pool was filthy look like a urine station, The air conditioner was not cooling so the room was hot. This place was just a dump and it ruined our vacation. We checked out early and left and the motel never offered any compensation of our money we spent still waiting on the last night b be credited and i better get it or i will slap a lawsuit on this dump!! DO NOT STAY Here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank marqueztm
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We stayed at LaPlaya for 5 nights on the 3rd floor. It was clean and we got housekeeping service every day- plenty of towels, tp, etc. It's definitely a hotel, not a condo. Beds, tv, living area all in one room. Bathroom and small kitchen with very little utensils. The bed was comfortable, didn't see one bug in the room the whole time. Kids loved the pool, but it is open til 11 and can get very loud. The last night I was there people were in it til 2 being super loud and I had to call the front desk. They did take care of it quickly. Also has plenty of lounge chairs at pool and a tiki bar and deck.

Stayed: July 2016