“Look elsewhere”

Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 January 2018

This hotel is located in a bad area with lots of homeless people & gentlemen’s clubs with in walking distance - just a very trashy area & the hotel is old without updates & a small unseated pool & no hot tub

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leah K, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm so sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay with us. We are working on updates for the hotel & I think you will be impressed when renovation is completed 2018-19.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

The staff is awesome!!! Checking in and out was great super nice people very courteous!!! The woman in the breakfast area did great especially considering the place was mobbed!!! Some of the guests were very rude to her and she took it with out any complaining!!! Christmas Day people were very mean to her the day after was much better!!! The only complaint I have is the guy doing night security!!! I pulled in and he screamed at me I didn’t have a parking pass!!! I did have a pass it was on the seat where I put while I was driving!!! I went to get it he screamed at me to leave I was trespassing!!! He was ridiculous!!! I finally found the pass and started to park and he tried to make me park where my car wouldn’t fi!! Finally I just pulled out back and parked he cussed me all the way to the elevator!!! Besides that everything is great I get up and walk the beach every morning!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leah K, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

I'm happy to hear your positive comments on our team members and I will definetly be looking into the security person you mentined in your review. We thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western. We hope to see you again soon.
Leah KLindt

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We booked a king jacuzzi room and asked for a high floor. We got the 3rd floor. The room smelled like mildew and we got an instant headache, so we went back to the front desk and got the other king jacuzzi room that was available on the 2nd floor. It smelled a little better at first, but as we stayed in there waiting for the maintenance man to come in to fix the light that was hanging out of the roof above the tub and to put the closet door back on track, we started to get a headaches again. We noticed the dresser was warped on the bottom presumably from water damage. From the smells of things, they got flooded or took in some water during the hurricane, even the interior hallway was musty. We went back down and checked out of the hotel. On the plus side, the front desk staff were nice and accommodating, but I wouldn’t come back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Leah K, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

I'm so sorry to hear that we couldn't take care of you lodging needs while you were here in Daytona Beach. We appreciate your comments and will use them to improve these issues for our next guests.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

The beds were very comfortable. It was quite cool outside when I was there and was very disappointed that there was no indoor pool or hot tub. When I try to open the patio door it was all I could do to pull it open. Trying to close it was even more difficult and it would not close completely which allowed The cold wind to blow in. I asked service about it and he checked it and said that all rooms that face the ocean had the same issue, which was not helpful at all. The closet door was off the track, which the serviceman fixed when asked. The complementary breakfast was good but it would have been nice to have some fresh fruit. There was not a lot of variety in choices to eat. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leah K, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

We wish we could control the weather for all f our guests. We did have a cold snap sorry that had to be during your visit. We are working on new sliding glass doors for the property and hope to have that completed soon. We would like to thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We chose this hotel because it was BW, on the beach and a newer hotel. We arrived to check in at 3:35 to find a full lobby of people waiting to check in. We were informed that check in was at 4:00 and not a minute earlier. Okay, so we wait. At check in time we wait in line and finally get to the front desk. The desk clerk was a young girl who proceeded to be extremely rude to us. Asking for my ID and credit card which I handed to her. She checked them and handed them back to me. She then asked for my credit card at which point I explained to her that I had already given it to her and that the room had been pre-paid. (I understand that even with a pre-paid room they need your credit card). She started yelling at me that I did not give it to her. Another person in line behind me told her that I had. She kept insisting that never gave her my cc. We think that we are going to get a nice ocean view room, nope she gave a room overlooking the parking lot and just above the entrance to the elevators. We tried to get into our room and the keys would not work. A lady from housekeeping was there by the room and let us in, making the comment that we must have made someone angry because we had the worst room in the hotel. When we went back to get the key fixed we were treated rudely again. The patio door would not lock, the room smelled bad, the room and furniture was old and in need of replacing. The bed was awful and we were woken up all night with people yelling, talking banging luggage and one guy who stood below our room at 4:00 a.m. taking and making calls on his cell phone. After all of this I had to kill cockroaches in the bathroom. Stay away.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leah K, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

I'm so sorry to hear you experienced difficulties at check in, we will definitely share your comments with our team at the front desk. Again thank you for your review.
Sioncerely,