“Sloppy, smoky environment ”
Review of Byte Bistro

Byte Bistro
Ranked #13 of 198 Restaurants in DeLand
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Comfortable modern look with stained floors and beautiful lighting, a great uptown feel.
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I decided to meet my boyfriend here for dinner tonight . I came in and a lot of employees were hanging at the table in the back. I didn’t like the outside bar being right by the entrance. It made the restaurant smell like smoke inside due to every time they open the entrance door smoke comes in. I asked for their wine list and received a wrinkled menu with food stains. That was my limit. I walked out and we ate elsewhere tonight. I will not be back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice and clean modern restaurant. Perfect for a college town. Food is delicious and well presented. Waitresses are second to none. My only concern is the lack of making things right when an order is wrong. One of the people in our party asked for no cheese. Not a huge deal breaker, but they were highly disappointed in their order because it had cheese, which they don’t like. The waitress apologized and said she would tell the kitchen. No offer to make a new one ever came. At this point she didn’t want a new one anyway because we were starving as it took forever to get our meal. Will give them a second chance because people are human.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018

If you want a different experience, this is the place! Their burgers are amazing and cooked just the way you order. Each dish has an exciting twist to it. A real dining experience. The service is always outstanding too.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We were planning to eat at the Brick House, but haven't been to DeLand in awhile and didn't know it is no longer in business. So we came across the street to the Byte Bistro and so glad we did. Since we had our little dog with us, we had to eat outside and yes, it's hot! But still, the food was great! Best fried green tomatoes ever and terrific Very Gouda Nachos. Awesome experience, we'll be back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Went to brunch after a group paddle on the St. Johns. Service was Great and the breakfast was served quickly and tasted good. Had a mimosas / bloody Mary bar. Prices were reasonable for a brunch. Recommend. When you go sit outside. Nice to watch the street life on a Sunday morning.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Byte Bistro? Share your experiences!