“Excellent tapas, excellent service”

De La Vega Restaurante y Galeria
Reserve with OpenTable
De La Vega Restaurante y Galeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 199 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2015

My wife and I were looking for a restaurant in DeLand and decided against De La Vega because we didn't want Mexican food. Lucky for us, the restaurant we selected was closed and De La Vega was in the next block and open for business. We had an outstanding, memorable meal, which was Latin/South American in flavor, not at all Mexican. The dishes were novel and delicious. We tried the nopalitos, avocados vegetarianos, aspirinas, hibiscus tacos, and pollo con mole. The service was excellent and the artwork eye-catching. We will definitely eat at De La Vega again when we are back in DeLand.

2  Thank KTIngram

Reviewed 11 July 2015

This restarant should be rated higher than it is. Don't sit outside if you don't like it. Good food costs more than fast food. You get what you pay for and that is true here. We enjoy dining at De La Vega very much. Go with an open mind ready to try new and different things.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Every once in a while when my family goes out I tell the wait staff that I want the chef to cook something off of the menu for me but not to let me know what they are going to cook. Did that here and was served one of the best Mexican meals that I have had in years. The rest of the family ordered off the menu, lol. If you have a craving for Mexican food there are two places in DeLand that I would recommend and this is one of them. You can sit outside or inside and you will get the same attention from the staff either way.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We've been to the restaurant several time and enjoy the Tapas selection. Great staff, wonderful food, great atmosphere for dining.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

The food is good but a little higher than other area choices. Service is attentive. My only issue is the outside tables. On first look it seems pleasant if the weather is good. Then what I noticed is that this is the only restaurant with two rows on the sidewalk. They take up all but about 2 feet which means that passerbys get uncomfortably close to my food. It would be much much more enjoyable with one row giving people the opportunity to have some room. Probably not going back because of that experience.