“Vegetarians and Carnivores Dine Happily Together ”

De La Vega Restaurante y Galeria
Reserve with OpenTable
De La Vega Restaurante y Galeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 192 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Three of us ate here on a quiet (but not dead) weekday night. Sharing from the tapas menu was the obvious choice and we split nopalitas (cactus with pineapple and peppers), chicken mole rice balls, vegetarian black bean soup with the beans cooked to an exquisite tenderness without being mushy, and the highly anticipated hibiscus tacos, which have an amazing blend of flavors. Portions are generous and we drank one of the least expensive wines off the list, one that we were offered a taste of.

We will return to order main courses that feature the incredible mole sauce as well as the various taquiza. The room is not noisy and there is also on-street dining.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Such a lovely treat in the heart of historic Deland, the service is better than anything within 100 miles. We suggest the hibiscus tacos and Asprinias

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Have enjoyed DLV before - it's no Taco Bell - very upscale creative Mexican cooking. I appreciate the many vegetarian options and unique menu items.
First the good - love love the hibiscus tacos. Very flavorful. We both ordered taquizas. Small corn tortillas served with guac and a filling. I had fish, my husband got the vegetarian. I liked mine much more, his vegetables lacked flavor except for a few pieces that had grill marks. The balance was more steamed and gloppy.
The sauces are all quite delicious. The red pepper sauce with the tacos was awesome. The habanero sauce was good but more like mild/medium than hot.
Service was not great - waited too long for starter and then the main course was delivered while we were still working on the tacos. Waited a long time again for our check and even longer to have our card taken. But service was pleasant.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I absolutely love their salmon salad. It's light and refreshing and big enough to bring home leftovers. The fried cheese on the side of the plate keeps me going back for me. This family-owned restaurant is a must try in DeLand. Sit outside to experience the sights on downtown DeLand or inside is great for larger groups. I also love that they give back to their local community, especially to the Childhood Cancer Foundation.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Found De La Vega on trip advisor and decided to give it a shot as the photos and unique ingredients really caught my eye. So glad we did... this place is great! Our family shared a table full of amazing tapas, our favorite local brew Central 28's Dancing Pierre and after dinner espresso. Everyone was completely full and satisfied! Will definitely go back!