“We had a great time, as usual.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ocean Mist Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 15 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“We had a great time, as usual.”
Reviewed 30 October 2009 for a stay in October 2009

This is the fourth or fifth time we've visited Destin and the third time we've stayed in Ocean Mist. The weather was beautiful despite weather forecasts predicting thunderstorms and the beaches were sparsely populated, as they always are in October. We have always enjoyed the lay-out and outdoor spaces, including the pool, at Ocean Mist and its proximity to the beach, shopping, and entertainment. Newman Dailey made the reservation and check-in process easy and convenient and the new code key entry eliminates the worry of loosing and tracking down keys. The only negative comment I have is that the mattresses and pillows weren't very comfortable. In fact, I went out to buy new pillows several days into the trip so that I could sleep better. So, bring your own pillows if you're picky about that sort of thing.

Liked best: Location, balconies, pool
Large groups Rugged travelers
“Summer Vacation”
Reviewed 28 August 2009 for a stay in August 2009

We enjoyed our stay at Ocean Mist. The splash pool was nice. Loved the view
from the third floor. One suggestion would be that the owner replace the
outdoor plastic furniture. Most of the pieces of furniture were cracked leading
to one being pinched. Also one of the beds upstairs is in need of some repair.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The location and view
Liked least: Outdoor furniture
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Missouri
Reviewed 6 August 2009 for a stay in July 2009

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Proximity to the beach
Liked least: House was dirty
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
“A Wonderful Vacation”
Reviewed 26 June 2009 for a stay in June 2009

When my family and I decided to take a summer vacation to Destin Fl I instantly hit the net in search of the perfect vacation rental. We decided upon the Ocean Mist Cottage for several reasons. 1. its close proximity to the beach and 2. the amount of people the house could sleep. The house was amazing. Located just off Hwy 98 which is the main strip for tourist it was convenient to everything we wanted to do while in Destin. It was very clean upon arrival and very well kept. Oh and not to mention a five minute walk from the beach. The motor in the pool did stop working our second day there and it was not repaired before we left. The only other negative is that the two upper levels were substantially cooler than the first floor but if you are like my family we were only there at night so it wasn't a huge deal. Overall this house was a great fit for my family. The neighborhood was as cute and quaint as can be. We had a wonderful time and I would definitely recommend this house to family and friends. I rated four stars becuase of the issues with the air conditioner and the pool.

“Ocean Mist”
Reviewed 23 April 2009 for a stay in April 2009

My husband and I got married in Destin Beach 12 years ago. We actually got married in the Hudson Blendhiem(Newman Dailey property). We love Destin and come almost every year since we were married. We have stayed in multiple properties but the Ocean Mist is our favorite. The pool is very nice and private. We love the 3rd floor deck (my husband calls it his crows nest)It feels like home when we stay there.

Liked best: Pool
Liked least: Time of year we went (April) cold!
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing