“Love the gumbo, stuffed flounder”

Captain Dave's On The Gulf
Ranked #42 of 399 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Always delicious and plenty of indoor seating with beautiful views f the gulf. Love the gumbo, clam chowder, stuffed fish (I had flounder), shrimp and grouper Parmesan. Everything good. We usually pick a day when we want the view but not the weather -
rainy, too cold, too hot, etc. (they don't have outdoor seating).

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We ate here our First night in Destin. The ranch dressing was to die for!
I had fried shrimp that was great. My husband had fried crawfish. It was delicious. My friends had fried oysters that were great too. Would definitely go back!!

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We had a great dinner at Captain Dave's!! We started with the bacon wrapped scallops which were delicious - loved the maple mustard sauce! My husband had the fried clam strips basket & I had the crab cakes. Both were very good - loved the pineapple cream sauce that was served with the crab cakes! Fried okra & hush puppies were also very good! I had a Dave's punch which was so yummy & my husband's crown pour was very good!! Our server, Madi, was wonderful - very friendly & attentive! Highly recommend this place!!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We decided to go to Captain Dave's because of their positive history in Destin as a seafood restaurant (Jaws 2 was shot there) , and their extensive menu including any type of Gulf seafood or delish fish! My partner wanted to try the snow crab, and I was looking forward to stuffed Grouper, a favorite. We were not disappointed. We arrived at happy hour which offered $2 per glass of house wine...the evening unfolded beautifully from there, with their live music - golden tunes from the 70's, 80's and 90's with the mellow tones of Diki Ross! Thankyou Capt. Daves and Diki Ross! Wonderful evening!

1  Thank FLA-Next
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We had a table seated by the window and enjoyed a beautiful view of the beach and ocean. The tables are located indoors but the view is still amazing and you are seated out of the breeze. The food was good. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. We took her recommendations and we were not disappointed. The main dishes were very tasty. The side dish of green beans was not that good, so I wouldn't recommend that. The Mudslide drink was awesome :) The entertainment, which came mid-way through our visit, was very good. I would have liked to hear him sing and play longer, but we had come at 4pm to eat, so were finished pretty early with our meal.

1  Thank CCG6080