“Not worth the price”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House has been a local favorite in Destin since 1974 serving the finest smoked tuna dip, ice-cold oysters and our famous char-grilled Amberjack. Happy Hour 3-5PM daily.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was ok but not great. The prices were way out of line. We called ahead for a large group. We were told we could sit together but when we got there. They split us up in totally different places in the restaurant. Like opposite ends of the building. I do not recommend this place and i will never go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,745)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our second time coming to the Back Porch and for us it is a fan favorite! The service is always top notch and the food is exceptional! I bragged on the Back Porch to our friends the whole time coming down here and thankfully they did not disappoint. We ended up at the same table we had on our last trip down here which has a wonderful view of the ocean! The calamari is great as an appetizer; and so are the fried pickles! Everything is just great! We always hit up the gift shop on our way out.

1  Thank Micjdawg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed within walking distance so we had several meals here. We ate at the bar each time after our first visit due to the great bar staff. Food was fantastic and quick. Good beer selection as well.

1  Thank jaydhodge49
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Food was really good and lots of it. Seafood nachos were really good. Crab stuffed shrimp - mmmmmm. Back porch oysters were very good appetizer. Great server. Nice T-shirt’s.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I believe our server was a bit overloaded. I got my salad about three minutes before my entree. The food was good and the portions were large, but you definitely pay for it. For just my husband and I, with one drink apiece, our check was $86 before tip. We ordered entrees in the low $30s but that's where most dinner dishes were.