“Great Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Huge servings and friendly staff with quick service every time. Love breakfast, lunch and dinner (perfect liver and onions!)

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We had four in our party, got seated right away. We each got something totally different! One person got soup and salad, one got the fried shrimp, one got the HUGE potato skins for their entree and i got CHICKEN FRIED STEAK!! We were surprised that it was good. As one other reviewer said dependable!!!!! Did not expect as much as we got and the service was excellent! They had a menu that if you could not find at least thing on it to eat YOU ARE NOT HUMAN!! teeheee. Reccomend for any age for any time of day!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We ate here several years ago, and it was very good. But, things have changed. The food quality and service has gone down. We will not return.

1  Thank familytripper1
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We went here for lunch our first day and the service was very slow. The food was just ok- nothing too excited about. The menu is very large with tons of options. I got the blackened mahi Cesar and thought my lettuce was mushy. Our diet cokes were also flat and they do not service frozen drinks. We will not be going back when here again just because there are much better options in destin-

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Callahan's has been in Destin for well over 20 years, which is ancient by local standards. It's no secret why: big portions, quality food, and even a meat market.

It had been quite awhile since I had been to Callahan's...in fact the last time was in their old location on Gulf Shore Drive! The current Callahan's is just west of Main Street, in the Downtown Destin shopping center with Old Time Pottery. Locals will remember this as the old K-Mart center. The restaurant isn't really visible from the road but is near the entrance to the center. The lack of visibility is nice in that Callahan's is plenty busy but not overrun with tourists.

The food is "comfort food" with things like chicken and dumplings, meatloaf, sandwiches, etc. The servings are immense; I could have easily eaten two meals from mine. I think I had chicken fried chicken; all I remember is the breast was almost as big as the plate!

As I mentioned, there's a meat market and I have always heard great things about their steaks. I believe you can have you selection cut then prepared as your dinner.

Big portions, friendly service, and local ownership. I knew big construction workers who would eat here and not be able to finish a meal...and not because it wasn't delicious! A nice change from all the chains in Destin, and relaxing to be a little tucked away from Highway 98.