“Family Reunion Spot”

Jetty East Condominiums
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Jetty East was chosen as the spot for our 50th family reunion. There were about 90 of us there the week of 8/6-8/13/17. It was a great decision! From the gated entrance to the centrally located pool to the easy beach access, we were all happy with Jetty East. Check-in was easy and getting 5 keys for my 6 people was a nice touch. My family stayed on the 6th floor with an ocean view. Yes, the elevators are a disadvantage due to being small, hot, and slow but that wouldn't keep us from going there. Our condo was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath and was perfect for 5 people. There were 2 sitting areas and a large dining area for plenty of room. The kitchen area was easy to navigate and having a Kuerig made it wonderful. From our main balcony we could watch family on the beach or at the pool and watch the moon over the gulf at night. The pool was a family meeting spot and was large enough for most of us to be in at the same time. The hot tub was nice but during the August heat, we didn't use it much. We had our family dinner at the gazebo and it was lovely. Glad to have the ocean breeze that night since no fans are at the gazebo and it can be stifling. The effort to keep Jetty East clean was noticed by all in our family. We saw staff every morning cleaning the pool; saw staff daily sweeping up, spraying off, and wiping down. I would recommend Jetty East for a family vacation but I would just let them know that due to being oceanfront-it's a bit costlier than most families can afford.

Room Tip: Views from upper floors are better.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MerrymeOhio
JettyEast, Rental Manager at Jetty East Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for celebrating your 50th Family reunion with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our gated entrance, check-in procedures, amenities in the Condos and our newly resurfaced pool and hot tub. I can share with you that we are working on solutions to make the Gazebo cooler and we are looking at options to make our elevators more efficient. We do work diligently to keep our property clean and comfortable for our guests. I figured out our rate for the week you visited us and divided it by 5 people and it came out to $75 per night per person, I think that is a great value for a condo on the beach with a Gulf Front view. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My family loves Jetty East. It is the perfect place. Right on the beach, which is the best in Destin. Everyone is so helpful, and pleasant. The kids absolutely love this place. They love being able to choose from the pool to the beach , or both! They are right next to one another. This is the only place we stay in Destin. I would advise you to do the same! You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jkwik22
JettyEast, Rental Manager at Jetty East Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you and your family for being loyal Jetty East Guests! We enjoy our families that come year after year and make memories and traditions here at Jetty East. Thank you for taking the time to comment here about your experiences at the property! We look forward to having you come back soon!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We loved our ocean side view from 209A!
The beds are a bit small for adults, other then that it was fine for our family of three!
The grounds are well kept and clean, the beach is close by and the pool is open every night until 10pm.
This was a great place for our family (our son is five)!

***Make sure to stake your umbrella early in the morning before the company "Holiday" takes up all the space!
That part was a bit frustrating!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JettyEast, Rental Manager at Jetty East Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will be back for another visit! Most of our one bedroom condos have a king bed in the bedroom, but this particular unit has 2 double beds, so they are smaller than most of the bedding for our condos. Our grounds are beautiful. we are right on the beach and the pool and hot tub are both on the beach as well. Holiday Isle Beach Service is the name of the beach service that offers 2 chairs and an umbrella on the beach each day for our guests, you must have brought your own chairs rather than using the service provided, if you decide to use your own chairs the beach guys can direct you to where you can set up, unlike a lot of condos we have 900 feet of beach, so they do allow you to use your own chairs, but only in certain areas. To avoid an frustration, I recommend using the service provided, for $33 a day & discounts for multiple days, they will have your chairs and umbrella ready for you. If you chose to use your own, you will need to use the areas that they designate you to, which may be further down the beach that you would prefer. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience! I look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

First thing when we got here to check in it was around 12:00ish was told our room was not ready and they would text me when it was we went to eat nothing when had to go to target nothing finally I went back to the condos around 3:30ish and we in the office and asked if the room was ready the lady in the office called the cleaning lady and she was supposedly getting our room next. It was around 4:00 before we got to our room. Then it was a musty smell (maybe a small dehumidifier would help) and if you want to checkout before 8:00 am forget it the office doesn't open till then. But I did love the balcony and being able to see the ocean was great and the staff was friendly but Probably won't be staying there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JettyEast, Rental Manager at Jetty East Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

I would encourage you to contact me directly at 850-837-2141 or reservations@jettyeast.net and let me know what may have occurred that you would not want to stay with us again. As you can find on all of our welcome information and our web site, our check in time is after 4:00 pm, glad we were able to get you into your Condo right on time. Please let us know about any musty smell or other issue during your stay and we will fix it right away. Our offices do open at 8am and we have 24 hour a day on-site security that can check you out any time. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the balconies with Gulf of Mexico views and our staff was friendly, but we do want guests to return to stay with us again and again, so I would love to hear more from you about your stay with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I didn't choose the place it was picked for our annual family reunion on the beach. I paid $1500 for a one bedroom with pull out sofa for my family of 4. I have never been in a place like this before. The hallways are are all open and its so humid and wet carpets. We were on the 5th floor and the elevators broke down at least 3 times when I was there. Then elevators are tiny and the complex supplies shopping carts to tote your things up and down the elevators. Well one cart takes up the entire elevator and there are hundreds of people staying there and so you have long waits to get up the elevator unlesss you want to walk 5 flights of stairs then entire week with all your beach stuff and ice chests and kids, plus elderly grandmother. Not an option. One night the electricity went out when my husband an mother in law where taking the elevator. They were stuck in there for at least 15 minutes. We notified security immediately and he acted as if he didn't want to be bothered. He was in no hurry to remedy the issue or even let me tell him which elevator they were in. Thank God my husband was strong enough to pull the elevators open finally and guests where there to help pull my mother in law out. The fire dept finally came 30 minutes later. The room didn't have working electrical outlets, the dresser drawers were all raggedy and broken. The washer didn't work well. The room over all was outdated, besides the new kitchen counters and updated cabinets in the kitchen. The best thing is it was right on the beach and convenient to all the stores and activities.

Room Tip: Choose bottom floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank flreed512
JettyEast, Rental Manager at Jetty East Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

I am sorry that you had problems during your vacation at our property. We did experience several power outages during the busy 4th of July week that were area wide and our local power company advises us that they are working to rectify this issue. I will work with our security team to see what could have occurred here, obviously someone stuck in an elevator is a top priority. Please call 850-837-2141 or message us at reservations@jettyeast.net and advise us which condo you stayed in - we want to address any electrical outlets that are not working properly, the issue with the dresser and the washer not working well in that unit. You can fit two or more (the cars in the middle elevators are larger than the end elevators) of our shopping carts in our elevators, but I agree with you that wait times for an elevator are inconvenient, especially during a sold out holiday week. We are looking at several different options to improve in this area - either add an additional elevator to the 4 we currently have or increase the functionality of our current system. For future, I would encourage you to let management know of any issues you experience during your stay at the time they occur. There are many options we have to help resolve problems and improve your overall experience.