“Nice Course” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emerald Bay Golf Club

Emerald Bay Golf Club
Ranked #61 of 164 Outdoor Activities in Destin
More attraction details
Owner description: Play by the Bay. This championship level, 18-hole course is believed by many to be one of Northwest Florida's best. Enjoy breathtaking views of the bay, which runs along the back nine. Just steps from the course, the Guesthouse offers luxury accommodations for up to 16.
idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Nice course and friendly staff. Carts come with a detailed GPS and course was not crowded.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank bombero123

Destin, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Nice for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Tight fairways, lot of water, small greens, but a good experience, could of holes on the Bay, nice layout..

Visited December 2011
Tyler, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My least favorite of the 3 Destin courses I played”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The course itself was fine. Nice layout, but condition not as good as the others. This was evident to me starting on the driving range. The range condition was poor, grass was spotty. It looked like something you'd find at a low dollar public range. I know this is petty, but even the range balls were ratty. Beat up, cut, dirty, and old. Small detail, but it stuck with me compared to Kelly and Regatta.
The staff in the clubhouse was not the most courteous we met during our stay. Nothing specific, just general apathy. We didn't feel valued, but we only interacted with two members in the pro shop so I'm sorry to be unfair to the others.
We only got nine holes in because the course was gridlocked with people coming in for twilight rates...so we didn't see the back nine. Front nine was a nice layout, but course was noisy from traffic, construction, etc.
I looked on these websites for reviews prior to setting tee times, so I hope this review helps someone like me that only had time to play a few times on vacation. I suspect this was an overall nice course, but it was my least favorite of the three we played this week.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank ToddSigmon
Belleville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best value in Destin!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Played Emerald Bay last week with 3 friends. Great time!!!!! Playing earlier in the week at a municpal golf course we thought would be the best value we would find in destin. Boy we were wrong!!!!! Emerald bay was on par with any golf course I have played as far as affordability and quality of course. The staff could not have been nicer and we also found a coupon for 20 dollars off that they let all four of us use. Had an early tee time and we were able to play 18 holes in under 4 hours and still had time time for the beach. Some very challenging hole as well as picturesque holes. we will definately be making a trip back to Emerald Bay when we go back to Destin. Lost a few balls but hey for the price who can complain.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank crdfn99
FWB
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will go back to Emerald Bay next time I'm in Destin! - Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

I just played Emerald Bay and was most pleased with the course and friendly staff. Compared to other places, the green fees were very reasonable and the course had very picturesque holes.

Visited April 2011