“Lunch on the Waterfront ”

Blue Gator Tiki Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is a unique tiki bar restaurant set on the banks of the Withlacoohcee River. We offer indoor and covered outdoor dining. Great selection of seafood, steaks, burgers, chicken, Terrific salads as well. Live music Thursday through Sunday.
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Nice location, very good service and very good food, reasonably priced. The fried grouper sandwich was a stand out, Caesar salads and crab cakes likewise very good. Even on a 50's day outside is fine with propane heat towers for a river view.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Met up with friends here and this place was hoping. Wait staff was so much fun! Food was great! Sitting out by the water watching the boats go by. Will definitely be coming back

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

The plus of this restaurant is the outdoor seating overlooking the river. There are heaters for cool evenings. I believe there might be music on the weekends. The menu is your basic bar food type items, so the main draw here is the atmosphere. It's worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We searched for a good restaurant before attending a concert. Girls searched out this restaurant and they were right. Not a big fancy place, inside or out. Probably wouldn't have stopped had it not been for good reviews. We came through the front door directly into the bar. Small but it was jam packed. Green Bay playing the Falcons. Went to the small dining room in the back and sat back to be impressed. Impressed we were. Servers were really friendly albeit a bit slow. Ordered up blackened grouper, fried grouper, crab claws, and chicken wings. Food arrived as ordered. Grouper was very good. Chicken wings were good. Crab claws a good sized portion and tasted outstanding. Hush puppies were a little heavy, but tasty. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Don't go to Dunnellon very often, but will need to stop on our next trip to this area.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We're sort of glad we found it ourselves. I have to say, my broiled sea scallops and my hubby's grilled grouper sandwich were both VERY tasty, but at $13.99 each, pretty over priced! Especially since they only served 6 sea scallops! And then they charged me for hot tea when all I had was hot WATER!! All in all I think I'd rather go down the road to Stumpy's and check out THEIR broiled sea scallops.