“Can't understand the great reviews!”

30th Street Eatery & Pub
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our restaurant is a fun, welcoming place to bring your family or a romantic dinner for two. We offer a full liquor bar, extensive menu that has something for everyone. We pride ourselves on using only the freshest ingredients from our seafood, hand cut steaks and our now famous homemade mac & cheese!!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Reading the reviews, I was expecting something out of the ordinary, in a strip mall setting.
The couple with whom I was with, were raving about it.
Well, firstly, the ambience is pretty awful...old fashioned booth seating.
Two thin paper napkins with a knife and fork placed at each table.
There is a tiny salad and soup bar, right next to the booths.
The menu is very basic, so I chose a burger.
It was good and the lettuce, tomato and onion were fresh. The fries were hot and good. It cost $9.
The waitress was very pleasant and attentive.
But, I've heard people say great things...for me nothing special about it and really not worth the drive all the way down to the Publix, when there are so many other choices.
If they want to make the place more appealing, I have some suggestions, as I feel bad being so negative.
Put some table cloths on. Have some flowers on the tables and entry.
Get some decent Art work on the walls..what is there is pretty awful.
Move or better still,get rid of the salad bar.
Good Luck.

Debbie D, Owner at 30th Street Eatery & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you stopped in and that you enjoyed your burger... and of course thanks to the guests that brought you to our establishment.
Have a great day.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us visited 30th Street for lunch. I read the reviews beforehand and have to give this restaurant a good review because they had good service and food. The only negative is that they need to update their menus and their website. On the menu they have several items crossed off in marker and the website was not accurate to their specials. As an example on the web today (Monday) is $5 Burger day, but their special is actually spaghetti. We ordered their American Burgers and got the cheese on it for a $1.00 upcharge which was worth it for the amount of cheese that came on it. The waitress asked how we would like the burgers done and we both said “medium” and they came to us perfectly done and on a toasted bun with fresh tomato and lettuce. The fries were excellent, nice and crispy with a bar batter and hot. My wife had their Chicken and Spinach Flatbread. It was very good. The meal was inexpensive and the server was very good. We will revisit again sometime when in the area.

Debbie D, Owner at 30th Street Eatery & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for visiting 30th Street and we are happy that you enjoyed your lunch. Our new menu is in the "Works", we needed to make some immediate changes and couldn't wait for the new menus (I know the blacked out menu isn't appealing to me either). However, our new menu is almost complete and we are excited to reveal it soon.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Service was on point and was delicious like always . Highly recommend visiting this local eatery . Drinks are mixed good ! Place is family friendly

Debbie D, Owner at 30th Street Eatery & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thanks Billy for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Had another bad experience at this restaurant tonight. Started out a few months ago with $5.00 burger night. Had a great first experience. The following week the sign said you could only order burgers "well done" (might as well say burned). Then ALL burgers could only be ordered "well done". So stopped ordering burgers. Tonight we were told that all baskets were $6. Normal price is $9. Orders wings (6) and flounder. My basket arrived with only 4 wings and a handful of fries. The flounder basket had two pieces of fish. Asked the bartender about the small portions and she said that is the way the $6 baskets come. No where on the menu does it say that the "special" $6 basket receives less food. So, basically, this is not a special. Gave this place a few tries, now I'm done. How many questions do I need to ask about "specials". Oh, btw, Monday night, used to be burger night. Now we're told it's spaghetti night - with meatballs. They may be doing a fair business now, wont last. Can't imagine opening another restaurant back 30th street across the railroad tracks. I've made my last visit.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Don’t let location deter you. We stopped in to grab an appetizer and drink for a quick break and found a little gem. Live music was playing and the atmosphere was cozy. The food was good and the price was on par for what we ordered. We’ll stop by when we have more time to enjoy a full meal!

Debbie D, Owner at 30th Street Eatery & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy that you found us!! Definitely stop back and see us again :) We have live music Thur., Fri., & Sat. from 6-9.