“Lone Star Authentic”

Texas Best Barbecue
Ranked #47 of 117 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Description: Real Texas barbecue! Our barbecue is smoked twelve hours over real hickory and southern oak. It all starts with five days of steeping in secret herbs and spices before it even hits the smoker. We use our family's one hundred year old Central Texas Recipe. So we think it's the best! You definitely won't find anything like it around here! We moved to Florida from Texas a few years ago. Love it here! But we really miss our Texas BBQ, so we took our 100 year old family recipe and opened a restaurant so everyone else could enjoy it too!
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Authentic Texas BBQ in Englewood! Make sure to try the brisket, pulled pork (I want this recipe), ribs, and sausage. Excellent corn bread and pinto beans with a little Texas heat. Friendly owners and staff, National Lemonade, and the quaint atmosphere make for an authentic roadside Texas BBQ joint right from the outskirts of Dallas. Will be a regular here.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

This little BBQ place doesn't look like much on the outside. I was surprised when I walked inside. It is clean and decorated really cute. I had the 1/2 rack of ribs. I loved the rub and self serve BBQ sauce. The slaw and corn were about the norm, but the corn bread was the best I have ever had. I was stuffed when I left. Employees were very friendly. This is a place I will return to often!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Ribs, brisket, pulled pork all very good. Nice thick sauce and the corn bread. Yummy. Nice to take a break from seafood. Lol

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed takeout from this Gem of a restaurant. The Brisket was fork tender and perfectly seasoned and smoked. Very light spice rub which let the flavor of the meat shine through. Great taste of Texas in the sunshine state!

1  Thank Gail F
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Drove from Clearwater to try this place out and was so glad I did! Every last bite was delicious - brisket, pulled pork, ribs, perfect cornbread, and awesome family pinto bean recipe! And happy people working in the kitchen.
Thank you for bringing a little piece of the Lone Star State to Florida!