“Good all american breakfast”

Wink's Old Town Grill
Ranked #35 of 112 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Description: Family style breakfast, lunch and dinner cafe.
Description: Family style breakfast, lunch and dinner cafe.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I usually get chipped beef but sometimes go for the eggs or pancakes. Usually get here about three times for breakfast on my stays in Englewood. Never tried the lunch or dinners but menu looks varied and reasonable. If you have a choice on pancakes probably get the small order (2 pancakes) as they are huge. Fortunately the waitress advised me of not getting the 3 pancake meal. Nothing pretentious here but good value and decent eats. Locals tend to eat here more so then the tourists.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We stopped in with a large group after we left our beach rental on a Saturday. The staff quickly reorganized tables to accomodate our group of 13. Service was very friendly and pretty quick. The prices are reasonable and there were plenty of options to choose from. We found the mini (2 egg) omlettes to be an especially good value. It's worth noting that the omlettes were perfectly cooked (not burned like at so many diners). One member of our group ordered a short stack of pancakes and they were so large he could only finish half of the plate.

I got the distinct impression this was a locals place - exactly what we were looking for.

I always like to balance my positive reviews with any potential downsides, so here they are... This is not a fancy place with a great location on the beach. It's somewhat dated and in a strip mall. Our lenghtened table extended under a dripping air conditioning vent (pointed out to us in advance).

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This is a quintessential diner with very good service. I had the seafood basket and found it quite tasty. Their prices are very reasonable. I found their photos documenting life in Florida from the teens till about the forties very interesting. I'll certainly visit them again.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

It's an old fashioned diner, with a few counter seats.
Servers seem to enjoy their jobs and are very pleasant.
Lots of choices -
Visit 1 - I had the best coconut French toast. My partner liked his crab omelet but found the Hash Brown too salty.
Visit 2 - my sausage Benedict was delicious. My partner had a crab, bacon, tomato Swiss cheese omelet that he loved.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

With different dinner specials each night this small diner offers a variety of foods at reasonable prices. The service is generally good and being locally owned makes eating here special.