“Not All That Was Promised”

Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #125 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 29 May 2017

While the location was great with stores and restaurants all around, this wannabe extended stay hotel left much to be desired. Take for instance walking up to an office door in the middle of the day that is locked, already making the area feel unsafe. A kitchenette with no utensils, plates or cooking supplies was a disappointment, although they had a full size refrigerator and tiny ice cube try. Also, no towels or garbage which started a long string of having to call the office to ask for basic amenities and then traveling to the office to pick them up. At the normal room cleaning time the staff didn't even come to the door to ask if we wanted a new garbage can liner. All in all, this room and hotel stay in general sucked and I will not be back. Oh and I cannot forget a large tv with a neverending fuzzy screen.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

It was the worse ever, the staff was unfriendly an unplesent they made us wait 4 hours for a room, told us to come back an when we did the said i have to book all over again will never go back, would not recommend

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I booked this room on Hotwire.com about a week before arrival and was given a room that was still under construction when I checked in. The security plate wasn't finished and the hole was covered by 2 strips of masking tape, the kitchenette sink leaked, as did the a/c. When I brought this to the staff's attention, they apologized, but could not give me another room, as none were available. Upon check out, I told the staff about the leak and with that added issue, I was given a 25% discount for my room. Very nice! I believe that this was an honest error due to the construction going on. The rooms are comfortable, have a kitchenette with working stove top and full sized refrigerator. The beds are comfortable. The flooring is wood laminate. They do have signs posted about their construction, however, the booking site made no mention of it. This hotel is 3 stories, a elevator, snack machine in the on site laundry room and a physical security guard who stops every car after midnight as this is an extended stay hotel. I would use them again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Based in large part on the first six reviews we read and the photograph we saw on its website, my wife and I thought that Crossland would be an okay place to stay during our recent visit to Fort Lauderdale--especially since the Booking.com price had been reduced by 25%. We weren't looking for luxury--certainly not at the price ($115) we were paying. But what we clearly WEREN'T expecting was a reception process that took nearly 15 minutes (even though we were first in line); a tiny, depressing room with an uncomfortable bed and with walls so thin that we could hear (and were kept awake until 3 a.m. by) the ugly, ongoing argument between the couple in the room next to ours; and the thunderous sound that filled the room whenever we or someone in the adjacent room happened to turn on the bathroom light and, by doing so, activating the bathroom ceiling fan. Perhaps our experience would have somewhat better had we stayed in one of the "new" rooms advertised on a sign you see when you drive in. It certainly couldn't have been worse.

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably better.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We make a reservation directly through they site half a year before. Today we come around midnight and find out that hotel is full! My reservation means nothing to them! They just sell my room to any other after 6pm cause they cant process my card.
No massage to email, no phone call.

As a result - more that 200$ fpr a room in another hotel missing.

BE AWARE!

Universal Palms Hotel
#96 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
1.4 km away
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#110 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
1.8 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#63 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
7.6 km away
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#72 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
1.0 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#78 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
3.4 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#98 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.

Address: 3031 W Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309-3504
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #125 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Price Range: RM231 - RM298 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - Ft. Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. We are within walking distance to several different dining and shopping options. Our property is 12 miles away from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center and 13 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Crossland Economy Suites Commercial Boulevard Hotel Fort Lauderdale