“Construction is finished, making it much easier to get to.”

Rustic Inn Crabhouse
Ranked #84 of 1,439 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original Rustic Inn Fort Lauderdale crabhouse began as a roadhouse saloon. As time went by, our hole-in-the-wall Ft Lauderdale crabhouse grew up, keeping with the demand for steamed crabs, seafood, linguini with homemade sauces and other popular dishes. Our World Famous Garlic Crabs are known the world over. We invite you and your family to see what the legend is all about. Enjoy waterfront dining on our dock or in our main dining room. Visit our cocktail lounge and enjoy one of our original frozen drinks.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

No more stone crab claws this season... but the clams on the half shell were excellent. Would have loved to tried the 3 cooked oyster appetizers, but have a small appetite. Loved the Manhattan clam chowder, especially since it is not available many places in Florida. My husband's lobster roll looked awesome and he certainly devoured it. Mickie's Ice Tea was delicious and different.
Only negative, our server did not come back and check on us. Would have appreciated a cocktail fork for my clams, not a regular size one.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,486)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

One place I have gone too more then once! Usually I come away satisfied.

Lunch with family: shrimp scampi was not bad!

Conk fritters not bad!

Beef hoagy sandwich so so.

Fried halibut over cooked! Oh well that’s really too bad! It seems it could have been much better because the place was not that crowded!

It seemed better when the bridge and parking lot was under construction. Maybe I was distracted then by the dust and the pounding of the jackhammer!

I waiter was off kilter as well! Again, oh well!

If you plan to go, do so. Maybe this was a full moon lunch time thing! I know could see the moon, but you get my drift!

I was disappointed this time!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I were staying the final night of our vacation near FLL, flying out the next day. We were looking for a good place for our last dinner out. Our hotel recommended the Rustic Inn for seafood and we got 10% off by showing our room key. In short we really enjoyed the place. Great seafood, nice ambiance for a seafood joint. Super attentive service. Not cheap, but hey you go anywhere for crab, lobster, or fish your gonna pay for it. May as well go to Rustic Inn!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Great crab and blackened snapper was delicious. Very fun atmosphere but also very loud with a lot of birthday celebrations.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

It was dark. We had no idea where we were going. All I heard was crab legs. We approached the main dining room and the door was closed with a sign that said go to the patio. When you walk through the door to the patio you think you have just entered a high school carpentry class. All you can hear, from everywhere, is wham, wham, wham, clack, clack, wham …. It was the sound of dozens of patrons whacking away at their crab legs. The sound was with us all night.

We could not be seated right away so we put in our name and went to the bar. Very busy. They made all sorts of specialty drinks along with dozens of types of beer. We ordered up. After a while our table was called and we went to a table for six on the patio. There was a couple behind us who brought their baby girl to the restaurant. We talked and they said only get the King Crab. They showed us the technique for extracting the scrumptious crab meat from the leg. For the crab, it seemed like there were gallons of butter for dripping. Send a postcard to your cardiologist thanking him for his service and dig in. It was the best.

Our waitress took a liking to us. We chatted a little and talked a little about home. Generally, we treated her like a human being. All is good.

This place is a must. It is pricey but worth it. For me it is the new benchmark for judging king crab.