“Better than expected”
Review of Casa D'Angelo

Casa D'Angelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa D'Angelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
BOSTON
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We recently had dinner at Casa D'angelo. We all throughly enjoyed our dinner. We live in New England, and are accustom to excellent seafood, but I have never had mussels like the one they serve here. If you like mussels they are a must!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Food, worth the extra $”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This restaurant is worth the money! It is located in a shopping center but still gives privacy with fancy shrubs that are lit at night. We chose to sit outside on a warm evening and it was a good experience for us! I ordered a side of Broccoli Rabe and it was to die for! Also ordered capellini with a pomodoro sauce and that was excellent. We shared ricotta pie for desert. It was a very small portion (really for 1 person) that tasted just average. It could not come up to my uncle's personal recipe! If I was in Florida again, I would definitely go back here for dinner. I had a very good experience.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Started well but ended averagely”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We booked this restaurant as the reviews were good, it was not too far from our hotel, and it was a special occasion. The restaurant is very deceptive size wise as for the outside it looks quite small but once inside it has a "Tardis" effect as it seems to go on forever! Once seated the waiters were very attentive. Before the meal we were give a small plate of bruchetta, pizza bread and green olives. The wine list is extensive and expensive, but the house merlot at $40 a bottle was very good. To start I had the Tuscan bean soup which was good, hot and hearty. My wife declined a starter and stuck with the small plate provided at the start of the meal. The menu of main courses is relatively small, but the list of specials is extensive. The waiter dictated a list of the specials to us, very professionally. However, a list or board of the specials was not offered or shown. We both went for the special of seafood (including lobster) over linguine. When the food came the portion was of a good size, but the lobster on both dishes was quite chewy, and the linguine which was supposed to be in a tomato and white wine sauce was quite plain, with a slightly greasy transparent liquid under it. We only had 4 clams each and 1 larger, and very tasty, king prawn. On the whole a very disappointing dish. For dessert I chose the warm chocolate pudding with vanilla ice cream. The chocolate pudding was very nice, quite bitter, but the vanilla ice cream was tasteless. My wife chose the tiramisu as her dessert. It was a good size portion, but very runny with no lady fingers in at all. What had started very well, ended very disappointingly. And for the price Casa D'Angelo charge, there are many better Italian restaurants in the area

2 Thank Blackcountryblue
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delizioso!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Based on a friend's recommendation, my husband and I tried Casa D'Angelo for dinner Saturday night. Located a few miles from Fort Lauderdale Beach and oddly located in a strip mall, we were surprised by this deliciously authentic Italian restaurant. Although we were the last reservations of the night and sat outside, the service was impeccable. The wine list is fabulously extensive. The food and drink prices are more than reasonable. I enjoyed the risotto of the day, which was cooked just perfectly in a creamy mushroom sauce. My husband’s lasagnette was phenomenal, with the perfect amount of gooey cheesiness. We finished our meal with a classic dessert of tiramisu- the sweetest way to end the day. This gem of a restaurant may become a Fort Lauderdale tradition for us.

Visited March 2012
Wilton Manors, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Favorite”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Attention to detail pays off. Food, service and design are all winners.

Visited February 2012