Cheston House Gay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Aqua Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
Beach Gardens(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
The Fortuna Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Elita Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubother guestswilton manorspool arealast minute tripeach morningsized bedfree internetcontinental breakfastcoffee makerlauderdale beachpropertyftratesirmaprivacymicrowave
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Getting on their e-mail list snagged us a "sale" price, so we stayed a couple of nights on our way back from overseas. I'd never stayed here before, and was pleasantly surprised at how perfect the experience was. The room was well-appointed and attractive, the bed and pillows were comfy, the location is ideal and the amenities were "above and beyond."

I'll definitely keep this on my "short list" of accommodations in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C B
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Having stayed at other similar resorts in other states/locations, overall I liked this place. The staff is very nice, the guests - while generally older/seniors - were friendly. The place is pretty clean except for what looks like some mildew buildup around the in wall A/C units in the room. The morning breakfast which is included was nice - simple & easy.

The pool was good and the grounds are really nice. What's unfortunate is that while the ground floor is "clothing optional", I think that at one point in time (many years ago) there weren't buildings that now have windows and balconies that look right into the pool area. If you're a bit of an exhibitionist (which I'm not) this may not be an issue, but having people staring in from other surrounding buildings made it uncomfortable for me so didn't get the chance to go "au natural" at the pool.

There's not a lot going on in the area and it's not too far to walk to the beach. If you're looking for a quiet older gay mens resort, I would say this place would be a good option - all things considered.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank ericlQ1861YL
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We made a last minute decision to visit Ft. Lauderdale for NYE 2016. Most of the hotels near the beach were fully booked by the time we made that decision. Cheston House was the only gay lodging option that was available when we looked. The property is located on N Birch Rd near all of the other gay resorts by the beach. The location is great for beach access. Parking is available (I think it was $10 a day). We stayed in the one-bedroom apartment. It was serviceable but rather dated. The rooms surround a medium sized pool. There is no hot tub. There is a very tall building across Viramar St. The occupants of that building appears to have a fully unobstructed view of the pool area...not cool. The place was supposedly fully booked during our stay, but we did not see that many people there, even during breakfast. Breakfast is OK, nothing to write home about. The staff onsite were very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank N_and_R
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I have stayed in Ft Lauderdale many times, but this time, we decided to try a Gay Hotel, vs, the regular resorts. What a nice surprise. While yes, I find this hotel somewhat dated, it's kept up VERY nice. It's small, and quaint and we loved the rooms. It has a small fridge, microwave, which is nice, comfortable beds, fun décor, nothing super fancy but it was super comfortable. They have a continental B'fast, bagels/yogurt, etc...the pool area is of a good size...nice chairs outside our room if you want to sit outside. The staff was friendly, and I loved the location. Parking easy, close to everything...and it was off the busy A1A. Very private and exclusive. It is clothing optional should you choose. Would highly recommend this property, for the price, location and the rooms and the friendly people. I like this older style Florida property....can't wait to go back. Again, it's not a plush resort, but it's very well appointed and very very comfortable.

Room Tip: I only saw our room, which was a King Bedded room on the corner, first floor. Everything is close. I didn't notice any noise issues..
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seaguy48
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

My husband made reservations for a weekend dinner in Ft. Lauderdale and we decided to stay the weekend and hit the beach. We have stayed at several gay resorts in the area, but chose Cheston House sight-unseen due its proximity to the beach and reasonable prices for a last-minute booking. We were not disappointed. Let me start by saying that this is not a "luxury" resort, nor do they advertise themselves that way. The resort is more like a throwback to the 60's beach hotels of Ft. Lauderdale. There are only 26 guest rooms on 2 levels which makes it more intimate. The rooms have an classic vibe and they are impeccably clean. The bed is probably the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on! The room had a small fridge and microwave and a lot of closet space, a couple of chairs and small desk. It was large by room standards. The pool was large, clean and open 24-hours, which made for a nice late-night swim after a night out dancing in nearby Wilton Manors gay village. This resort is QUIET, which is exactly what we were looking for. The pool area is clothing-optional, which is not our thing, but was not tacky and cruisy. The guests there were discreet. We met Bobby of the Cheston House staff. He was a bubbly, fun host with a great personality and was a fantastic representative of the property. The grounds are tropical, well landscaped and private and very well maintained. If you are looking for a loud party-like atmosphere, there are other resorts in the area that provide that. If you are looking for a well maintained, clean, quiet and relaxing resort at very reasonable prices, check out the Cheston House Gay Resort!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple