“My 'peace' of paradise ! ! !”

Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach
La Prairie, Canada
“My 'peace' of paradise ! ! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Nine days in heaven, that is how I would describe my stay at the Sun Tower. Most of the postings on this hotel are positive for a very good reason, they are true. As for the other ones I guess even paradise would not satisfy them. Very clean, renovated room (not new, RENOVATED). They changed all the bedroom furniture of all the rooms while I was there, exept for the matress which is fine because it was VERY comfortable. King size bed, flat screen TV in the living room if you get bored with the unobstructed view of the magnificent atlantic ocean. A WIDE patio door were we kept the two mobile panels always open so as to listen to the heavenly sound of the ocean waves. A basic kitchenette we used for most of our meals so we could stay at the hotel to RELAX. It was like being on a cruise ship without having to throw up all the time.

Ultra friendly personnel starting with Christine the manager, Amanda, John and my new friend Carlos at the front desk. Very cozy restaurant with terrace on the beach and a friendly staff inside and outside of the kitchen, go Mike go! And a friendly and efficient maintenance staff for icing on the cake of a beatiful stay, thank you all very much.

My wife and I loved it so much we have already made a reservation for next year. Of course even heaven is not perfect. If you love wine, do like I did and buy or bring real glassware. Drinking wine in plastic stemglass is like drinking McWine. And for breakfast we bought a toaster at Wallmart for six bucks because the Sun Tower does not provide them.

I will certainly tell all my friends, and my enemies (they deserve to have fun too), to stay at this gem of a hotel. May this 1957 renovated hotel stay there for our pleasure to enjoy for many years to come.

See you next year!!!

Jacques (Not Jakass! Hasta luego Carlos! )

Room Tip: Of the 24 available rooms, one does not have a direct ocean view, it is probably less expensive but...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacques L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I really liked the sun Tower. The staff is wonderful, the room all have a great view, and the bar/restaurant serves excellent food for a small place. Everything is fine until the weather turns on you. Once the rain comes, there's no place to stay aside from your room. We stayed the weekend, and Sunday morning it rained. The restaurant can sit about 20-25 people, and some were sent to the hotel next door. If they fix this issue, then the place is top notch value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Boise ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed post cruise.....Perfect ending to our trip. Our rooms had a balcony overlooking the beach. Very spacious and clean. Incredibly polite, friendly and helpful staff. Restaurant right on the beach. One of the best breakfasts we've had!!! Wonderful flat bread pizza. Again, staff made you feel very welcome. Will defintely return!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank GrannyDawn
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I am hesitant to write this review because I'm worried that my new secret place for my wife and young girls will be more well known, but I feel compelled to spread the word about its awesomeness.

I'll first start with the "negative" to it show I am being balanced in this review:
- No fancy lobby, its a boutique cozy, bare bones and functional. Not lavish
- In our room, the bath faucet was hard to control, excessive heat or excessive cold. The bathrooms seems dated (but very clean and well maintained)

That is it for the negative...now the awesomeness...

Overall: They spend their dollars wisely on the stuff customers really want, allowing them to give competitive rates. No fancy unnecessary stuff, just focus on the right points to make it a great experience

Specifics:
1) Right on the beach..every room has a spectacular view with a walk directly to a private beach with free towels, umbrellas and lounge chairs. I've never seen staff so genuinely eager to set stuff up for you.
2) Staff that loves to help. You can tell that satisfying their customers is a key priority. They even pick up on your travel habit and give local recommendations. This is seen with everyone you meet
3) Cozy pool. Its not huge, but its very quiet and recently renovated. Perfect for a family
4) Excellent location: Quiet part of the beach, a 5 minute drive to shopping, groceries and nightlife both downtown and on the strip
5) Rooms looks old on the outside, but once the doors opened the rooms were modern with new beds and couches. Yes, some of the other furniture seems dated but the important functional ones are all new, clean and exceptionally comfortable.
6) Free parking for 1 car...anyone who knows the area knows this is a hard find.

It just seemed like the staff of this hotel loved what they were doing, and it seemed ridiculous that we could get all these benefits for under $220 a night given how much was included and its awesome location. Can't wait for the next trip

For those who think this review is too "glowing", please don't stay here because it means there will be more room for me

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the ocean
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rs5550
Onalaska, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here on business and loved it so much I came back 6 weeks later for vacation. It is a real gem right on the ocean. All rooms have ocean views, which are amazing. While many hotels in Ft Lauderdale are across the street from the beach, Sun Tower is right on the beach so you are just steps from the ocean. The hotel bar / restaurant on the beach is fun and convenient. Instead of a stuffy high rise, this hotel is small and quaint and you are treated like royalty. The entire staff, including management, front desk, bar-restaurant, housekeeping and maintenance is extraordinary. They will go out of their way for you and do whatever it takes to make your stay as awesome as possible. Everything I asked for, they came through for me. I can't thank them enough. It is very relaxing, fun and low key...just what we needed. We stayed in a suite which includes a small kitchen with full sized refrigerator which is great when on vacation. I really love this place and have been telling all of my friends about it. For the price you cannot beat the view, beach access, and service from the hotel staff. I plan to come back as soon as I can.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends