Nine days in heaven, that is how I would describe my stay at the Sun Tower. Most of the postings on this hotel are positive for a very good reason, they are true. As for the other ones I guess even paradise would not satisfy them. Very clean, renovated room (not new, RENOVATED). They changed all the bedroom furniture of all the rooms while I was there, exept for the matress which is fine because it was VERY comfortable. King size bed, flat screen TV in the living room if you get bored with the unobstructed view of the magnificent atlantic ocean. A WIDE patio door were we kept the two mobile panels always open so as to listen to the heavenly sound of the ocean waves. A basic kitchenette we used for most of our meals so we could stay at the hotel to RELAX. It was like being on a cruise ship without having to throw up all the time.
Ultra friendly personnel starting with Christine the manager, Amanda, John and my new friend Carlos at the front desk. Very cozy restaurant with terrace on the beach and a friendly staff inside and outside of the kitchen, go Mike go! And a friendly and efficient maintenance staff for icing on the cake of a beatiful stay, thank you all very much.
My wife and I loved it so much we have already made a reservation for next year. Of course even heaven is not perfect. If you love wine, do like I did and buy or bring real glassware. Drinking wine in plastic stemglass is like drinking McWine. And for breakfast we bought a toaster at Wallmart for six bucks because the Sun Tower does not provide them.
I will certainly tell all my friends, and my enemies (they deserve to have fun too), to stay at this gem of a hotel. May this 1957 renovated hotel stay there for our pleasure to enjoy for many years to come.
See you next year!!!
Jacques (Not Jakass! Hasta luego Carlos! )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Lauderdale's Premiere boutique style hotel, located DIRECTLY on 350 ft of private beach, offers 23 NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies. Enjoy our Sandbar Grille located on our expanded oceanfront terrace or relax by our heated pool. Lounge chairs & umbrella's are provided along with complimentary use of kayaks and paddleboards. Self parking on property is available for no additional cost. There is nothing between you and beach when you stay at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale