North Beach Hotel
US$140
US$167
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$173
US$167
US$342
US$305
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$212
US$169
US$179
  • Pool
All reviewsvillage cafeliving roomroyal palmsspring breakchunpenthousepropertiespropertyuberhiltonft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I have visited 5 times and stayed at 3 of their properties. It is a wonderful resort, everything is brand new, the beds are great, you have kitchen facilities if you want (which) I always buy because we get food for breakfast and lunch and go out to dinner every night. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach, they have their own store and an art gallery as well. I just found that out. There is new hotel with a delightful coffee and sandwich shoppe that just opened across from the Aqua. I enjoy staying at the Aqua myself. Love Maggie a lot! We also buy $10.00 beach chairs at the supermarket and we are all set. We have drinks after the beach at the Hilton right across from the beach. Couldn't be more perfect for a 5 night rest. I will be going again this year and next and the year after that!

Room Tip: This time we got a 2 bedroom with a king room and the other is with the kitchen and sitting area in the 1st room with 2 double beds.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I was going on a cruise so I needed a hotel for an overnight stay. The location is great because it’s a block away from the beach but that was the only thing I found great about my stay. We had a lot of luggage and the elevator did not work. We carried the luggage up one flight to gain access to the main office only to find out that it wasn’t working so we had to carry it back down, walk around to the other side of the hotel and than carry it up two more flights. One young lady told us she couldn’t assist us because she couldn’t carry large bags, we weren’t expecting her to help but you would think they would have put us on the first floor or had someone to assist. They had an adjoining restaurant and the staff was rude and never came back to check on us after delivering our food. My food was cold and I had to ask the young lady who were sitting people to take my food back. I sat over 20 minuets waiting to get a second cup of coffee and finally I had to ask someone to get our waiter. It’s a big cruise town so I’m sure the6 get a lot of business but due to the horrible service I’m sure they don’t get many repeat customers.

Room Tip: Don’t stay here if some other hotel is available
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I decided to give North Beach Village properties one more try after an extremely disappointing stay the The Royal Palms a while back. And I can now confirm that this group of properties is if anything consistent, consistently BAD! While the rooms have elegant concrete floors the are filthy, so filthy that I dare not walk around barefoot. The check in process was more than confusing and the front desk staff are extremely unprofessional. The coffee maker in the room, while a nice amenity, was dirty and broken, they did however replace it with one that was even dirtier. The window in the bathroom was so broken that it would not completely close and keep the bathroom hot and humid. Well I tried and I will never stay at another North Beach Village again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2017

First we stayed at this hotel during the fort Lauderdale boat show, a few days before and a few days afterwards.
We arrived late after midnight and had to wait 1/2 hr before someone finally showed up to show us to our suite.
Then upon walking into the unit found the 1 bedroom very undesirable as the floor into the suite was just grey painted and very rough, in this day and age there are a lot of desieses going around and this is a shore way to contract thinks with bare concrete as it is very porous .
Our bed was so bad they changed the matters the next day and the living room furniture was so outdated and all the thin glass windows would not shut properly but because of the boat show there was nothing else available.
I can say the manager did try to to easy our complaints and she did a good job but as we had a pool view one of the problems is the resturant would have the outside music blairing everyday and up till 11 at night when from 6: pm there was no one insite for the pool.
I several times had to go and ask them to turn the music off or at least lower it so we could get some sleep.
The pricing was reasonable for this quaility of hotel but trippled the nightly rate during the boat show, which to me was nothing but thieft.
As My wife and I have traveled the world and we are not 5 star but do expect a nice clean and comfortable place at thoses prices.
And last when we arrive home we notice we had forgot our toothbrush charge and call which seem to be a problem communicating with this hotel, as to get it back to us and that was well over 3 weeks ago and still have not heard from them or not receive our charger.
For a lot more reasons, I cant in good consience recommend this hotel to any one at any price and the owner who owns 17 of these type of hotels needs some serious upgrades.
Warren

Room Tip: think twice before booking this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
csposa, General Manager at North Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us Warren. The concerns you’ve listed have been documented for further review. I understand why you would be disappointed with your experience. At NBV we pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations, and look to keep this standard moving forward. Therefore, in the future we will do everything we can to prevent such issues from arising. I'm working with our staff to review what happened during your stay and to arrange a follow up from our team. I hope that you consider us for your future travel needs.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Arrived at hotel on a Sunday, unbeknownst that it was just after finish of the big boat show.
No one available at check-in, this consisted a small desk just outside the access to toilets, in the bar area.

Eventually Stephanie arrived, brought in from adjacent property Aqua, apparently same owners. Despite her valiant efforts Stephanie was not able to get our rooms ready, 3 rooms, 6 persons booked approx 6 months before. Excuse given was a large number of departures at end of boat show.
This no excuse as this was known well in advance for additional staffing!!

Our saviour was Stephanie who was able to offer alternative rooms at Aqua, which she managed, for same price.

6 Aussie's from Perth West Australia most grateful to Stephanie. North Beach NOT recommended.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
csposa, General Manager at North Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

We appreciate the feedback during your stay. Our lovely staff is the backbone of the company, and without them we wouldn’t be who we are. It saddens us to hear that your check-in was delayed. However, your suggestions will be documented so that we can improve our guest experience moving forward. We hope that you would try us again in the future.