4,489 results
All reviews across the street water taxi warm cookies convenience store partial ocean view easy access to the beach pool bar fort lauderdale beach an older hotel fitness center restaurants and bars las olas ocean front spring break pre cruise cruise port skywalk
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were cruising from Port Canaveral and stayed at the Bahia Mar the night before. We had a very challenging day getting to Fort Lauderdale from Las Vegas and arrived at the hotel 3 hours later than expected. Dante at the front desk immediately saw how tired I was, smiled and offered me a cookie! Check in was easy and Dante answered all my questions. Scott, the bellman, was exceptional. He brought all our bags up to our room (1102) and again, answered all our questions with a smile, kindness and patience seldom seem. We had dinner at the restaurant/bar downstairs as it was very convenient and the roasted cauliflower soup was one of the best soups I've ever had! The room itself was very updated, clean and modern. It had a step out balcony overlooking the ocean. The beds were so comfortable. It was a pleasure to stay in that room. We booked the stay, breakfast and cruise transportation package the hotel offered. It was so easy the next morning to have the buffet breakfast and then get on the bus that took us right to our cruise line embarkation site. This is not the least expensive hotel you could book, but it certainly is a first class hotel with a great staff and was the perfect start to our cruise vacation.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Hilton Honors club. It's free and you earn points for each stay and may get a better room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey K, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear patlv1,

Thank you so much for sharing this positive feedback with us via TripAdvisor! I am elated to har Dante, Scott, and the rest of our staff went above and beyond to make your stay exceptional. Our team works diligently to provide all of our guests with the accommodations and service they deserve, and I am glad to hear our objective was met. Please email me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com, the next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale, and we will arrange another great stay for you!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bahia Mar and it was more than we expected. The staff was great and the rooms were very clean. Walking distance from Las Olas boardwalk which has many restaurants and a great night scene. This worked out perfect for us since we decided to use Uber instead of renting a car. Plus this hotel is located across the street from the beach. We couldnt ask for more!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey K, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Brianna M,

We want to express our sincere gratitude to you, for taking the time to share your accolades of our staff and property on TripAdvisor. Our team works tirelessly to provide our guests with the world-class service and accommodations, our loyal guests have grown accustom too. Furthermore, we would love to serve you again in the near future. Please email me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com, and you can count on me to arrange another flawless stay!

Warm regards.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a complete review of this hotel. If you are travelling with family, this review will help you make your next decision.

Front Desk: we had a great reception by the front desk rep. Jedelyn, very courteous and smiling all the time. she even went to check on the room to make sure it is ready. The problem is the check in time is very busy, only two Reps. at the front desk so plan to be in the line for about 5 to 10 minutes standing. they have seating area around but you have to be in the line otherwise someone else will take your turn. Our last day I had a conversation with the Front desk Manager Ryan who has a wonderful attitude during our discussion about some of the hotel features that we didnt like and one of them is the walkway between the hotel and the beach that passes over busy traffic area. He explained to me the reason for the closure and they waiting the green light from the county to start the renovation. He got a very professional attitude with a great smile.

Restaurant: if you plan to have a meal in the morning expect another wait in line like the front desk during check in. The restaurant has two main seating area. the inside one has about 13 tables and the outside seating area has almost same numbers. The outside seating area is in front of the hotel on the entrance to the parking lot. so basically you will be watching car coming in or going out. Restaurant menu is very very limited. The Breakfast is much better in choices. The servers are very friendly and professionals. The two flag items on the menu for us is the Burger (the best of the best in our opinion) and the half roasted chicken. No pizza on the menu for the kids.

The Pool: Be aware that the pool has a bar that has a kitchen as well. their menu is much better than the restaurant. Pool size is Ok, No Jacuzzi in the pool area (very disappointing). There is a Gym by the pool area, small but decent size.

The Rooms: our room was partial ocean view which was good but inside you will see the beds just next to the bathroom. like 4 feet from the bathroom. No microwave in the room. carpet is blue color and the room looks in good shape. shower head is very square and movable and very comfortable to use. The closet is within the bathroom area. the housekeeping is really quick in cleaning the room. I told one of the maids to clean the room at 2pm I came back at 3pm and the room was clean. That was amazing. and it happened the following day as well since we forgot to tell them in the morning to clean the room as we were heading to the beach. Elevators are fast and no long wait. one of the nicest thing in the room the complimentary coffee that comes with real milk container not this powdered creamer. We didnt hear noise from our neighbors even though we are in spring break week. Is it the walls are really good or we have kids around us, but there was no noise from adjacent rooms. rooms smell good in general. There vending machine in our floor that has water and soda. Water is $2.50

Lobby: hotel has a business center with 4 computers. they run old explore browser and it crashes a lot. It has 3 PCs and one Apple. But they all slow. there is Travel Service in the Lobby that will help you plan a tour.

The internet: In general is very very slow. I am a Hilton honor member and they gave me code for complimentary Internet and it either working on some device or not working at all like my daughter IPAD . so plan to use your own plan if you want real internet connection. We have stayed in many hotels in Fort Lauderdale and we never seen slow internet like this in a property carries the Hilton name. Another technical feature that this hotel doesnt have is the setup for electronic devices to broadcast directly on TV. I stayed in Sheraton Hotel in Washington DC and they have a setup that you connect your laptop or phone to a device on the dresser that will directly preview on the TV so you can watch Youtube movie on the TV.

The beach; As I mentioned to go to the beach you have to walk, nice short walk to the beach. So prepare to carry you beach items during that walk. On the beach itself you will see a lot of the dry green plants on the beach, plenty of them and in the water as well. Water is not clear like in other places in Fort Lauderdale. This is a yellow sand beach and it is not flat beach all way to the water. You will step down to the water level. there is a company that will rent you beach umbrella for $15 and the chair for $20 till 5pm. Lifeguard posts are on the beach and several of them and it looks like every 200 yards there is one post which great safety feature on the beach here. I have stayed in hotels in Fort Lauderdale with no lifeguard on site. Police presence is here all the time. The beach in general is not a very clean one but it is acceptable.

Night life: About half mile walk from the hotel you get to major restaurant and shopping area that similar to the boardwalk in Ocean city, Md but at a smaller size. This area extends to about 3 city blocks with variety of restaurants to choose from. Prices are very high but this is for Lauderdale tourist attraction area. The marina next to the hotel has the Jungle Queen boat that we took for 4 hour dinner and show trip. Great tip to take and the nice thing that the boat location is in a walking distance from the hotel. Highly recommended trip.Also the water taxi will give a nice river trip and it is in the marina as well.

Parking: I think you pay for parking here as in most beach hotels in Fort Lauderdale but I have seen beach parking area around the hotel that is 24 hour open for $10 a day.

Final comment: This hotel has two restaurants on inside and one in the pool area and neither makes pizza!!!!!. you have to go the daily market outside the hotel to get $20 pizza from there. Also a microwave in the room will nice thing to have. And Slow internet is not attractive at all. Breakfast morning line? who wants to stand in line in the morning for breakfast? And having a meal next to parking lot entrance in the outside seating area is not fun.

Room Tip: Ocean view room and Pool restaurant with better choices
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Karim A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review with travelers from across the globe. While I am so glad to see our service exceeded your expectations, I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Thanks to the diligence you put forth in this review, we have plenty of material to use a tool to improve our guest experience moving forward. Furthermore, please contact me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com and I will personally handle your next reservation at our property to ensure it is flawless.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My son got married at the Bahia Mar, and it was a great weekend. The wedding planner Michelle was great. Everything ran smoothly, and a good time was had by all. We were treated really well. The elevators need some work, but the pool was lovely, all the staff were super accommodating, and the bed we slept in was far better than the one we have at home.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeffrey K, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Susan D,

We sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your wonderful experience with travelers from around the world via TripAdvisor. Our team works diligently to provide all of our guests with the service and accommodations, they're loyalty deserves, and I am glad to hear we met our objective. Secondarily, please email me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com, when you plan on returning to our area, and you can count on my team and I to ensure you have another wonderful experience!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The location across the street from the beach was nice, and several restaurant options were within walking distance. I was only given a room at 6 pm after complaining, and I was given an upgraded room and a discount for the first night. My bill was inaccurate, and I was charged for complimentary breakfasts as well as an additional night. At this time, billing has not been resolved. Service was generally poor and the food was unexceptional.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear MMHouston,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very sorry we fell short in meeting and exceeding your expectations. Additionally, while I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location, to hear that our service was not up to par is disappointing . We are reviewing your comments with our team as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and allowing us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Regards,