“Bitter Sweet”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My husband, two children and I stayed here for 11 days. We came here directly after staying at the sister hotel in Chicago (I'll write a separate review on that). I love the look of the hotel, the front desk staff were friendly, nice pool, nice gym and the room was very spacious. However, I had a terrible housekeeping experience. I constantly had to ask for soap and toilet paper. You would figure that if there's a small amount of toilet paper on the roll that a roll would be left. That was not the case. Also, it seems as though they have a 3 towel per room rule. Each day the housekeeper, who was not very friendly, only put 3 towels, although we made a reservation for 4 persons. I always had to call for extra towels even after I spoke with persons about it, including a manager, who assured me that she would speak to housekeeping and have it rectified. It was rectified for 2 days. Then the following night I returned to find 3 towels only. Also, one night when we returned our room had not been cleaned. Front desk sent 2 ladies up within 15 minutes. We decided to go into the lobby while they cleaned. Do you believe that although those 2 ladies saw my husband,2 children and I leave the room (4 people), when we returned to the room they were ONLY 3 towels. I could not believe it!! There's much more I could say about the housekeeping, but I won't. So, that's my bitter sweet love affair with this hotel. I love the hotel but had an awful housekeeping experience. Still give them a try and hopefully you don't have the same housekeeper or housekeeping experience I had.

1  Thank Kelly B
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Kelly B,
Please accept my sincere apology for the Housekeeping issues you conveyed on your post. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and we have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping Department. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Consequently it is disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. They help us to continually improve the Hotel’s operation. Your willingness to share your recent experience is greatly appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Micheal Barkley is the best and nicest person!

Best service possible, what a great stay! He was so helpful for breakfast and willing to go out of his way for anything you need.

Overall great hotel for the value and make sure to thank Michael for his service at breakfast in the morning!

Dear Warren B,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and choosing the Sheraton Suites at Cypress Creek. Thank you also for taking the time to recognize Michael. I have passed along your kind words to him. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here overnight. The staff was polite, and although the hotel is next to a train track the rooms are very quiet, spacious and clean. It's a beautiful hotel for a reasonable price!

Dear Danielle N,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and choosing the Sheraton Suites at Cypress Creek. The principle goal of the hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests. Your post helps us to know if we are attaining that goal. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

After a long day of traveling, we finally sat down for dinner at 10 pm. Roberto,Matthew,Jose from Terrace 555 restaurant really took great care of us. Great service. Thank you for ending our night on a good note.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and choosing the Sheraton Suites at Cypress Creek. Thank you also for taking the time to recognize Roberto, Matthew and Jose. I have passed along your kind words to them. It is very rewarding when a guest takes the time to recognize the staff. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We had the best service with Roberto, Matthew and Jose. We had a long day travelling with 2 young kids and by the time we sat down for dinner it was half past 10pm. They gave us stellar service with a smile and took great care of us. Come stay here and visit them. You will not be disappointed.

Dear chanthanhem,