All reviews executive airport tiny breakfast area wifi included long term stay full kitchen great front desk staff west palm beach laundry room road noise large closet breakfast staff nice breakfast comfortable place to stay accessible room yogurt security guard main building
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We stayed at the TownPlace Suites for a family event because it has two bedroom suites that can easily accommodate a family with children. We had a total of three rooms (two 2 bedroom suites and a studio). Upon arrival, it is clear that this hotel is in transition, the real question is whether it is getting better or worse.

First, the good. The staff is all very friendly and willing to help. We had several issues with maintenance and reservations, and the staff tried hard to assist. Karen, who was manning the breakfast area two of the three days is super friendly and went out of her way to make sure the kids had what they needed and to supply coffee to the adults.

Now, the bad (or at least not so good). This hotel is showing significant wear. While the rooms were clean, there were little things in our suite that didn't work well or right. For example, the faucet in the kitchen sink was threaded backwards (hot was cold; cold was hot), the sink in the bathroom leaked, the shower curtain was too small for the shower, and the TV in the living room never worked quite right. While none of these things alone made the stay bad, together they show that the property was/is not being maintained at a high level and might be sliding (or perhaps this is the bottom and it will get better from here).

Over some issues the other rooms in our party had, I engaged with the staff and management a few times. As I said, they were all very friendly, but it is not clear whether they are given the power to fix things or if they just don't want to. Overall, my party was in 5 different rooms, 3 of which had some serious issues like leaking plumbing, a leaking air conditioner, and a broken thermostat.

Overall, I really hope that what the manager said is true and that the hotel is under new management, with new staff and that this means it will get better. It is well located near the Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport and could be a great property for a future stay in Ft. Lauderdale west. I'm just not sure it is for me next time.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2016

I was very pleased with this stay, my room was like a little apartment with a fully appointed kitchen and full-sized fridge. I also appreciated the ample storage for my things (Cubbies, drawers, closet) and the nice desk area that I used to work. The AC was quiet and functioned well, the bed was comfortable. The shower worked well and the bathroom had plenty of towels. The room was clean and quiet. The window coverings worked well to block out the light. The location is very convenient to the Cleveland Clinic, shopping, etc. The place was packed so it must be a good value for the location. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There is a small pool and an exercise room. No frills, but everything was adequate. The breakfast was average.

Room tip: Make reservations early, this place fills up quickly.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The hotel is simple and functional. The roons are ok. Sofa bed only good for kids. Staff people fantastic. Excellent breakfast (consider it is free). Safe place. Unfortunately although it is a non smoking place my bedroon has some smoke smell. AC could be bether, (could cold more)

Room tip: Request no smoking
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2016

The room and the staff are just perfect, the room is pretty clean, the bed is really comfortable and the desktop is really useful for your laptop. Have several shops that you can go by walking a nice breakfast and wifi included. If your activities are around the place, is just a perfect place to be.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

We went for a sports tournament. My husband, my son,his friend, and I stayed. Room was immaculate pillows were so comfy that I'm ordering some for home. Room was so clean and place smelled great. Awesome location with Publix and restaurants right across the street. . Full kitchen so you can cook instead of buying food. Small pool, BBQ area with full gas grill. Flat screen TV's. And wifi on every device and in every room. Front desk staff extra nice and accommodating. Hot breakfast included. Yay! Every time I come to the area this will be my go to. No complaints.

Date of stay: May 2016