Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
Rodeway Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Palm-Aire(Pompano Beach)
1,579 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungerestaurant supervisorfront deskbusiness hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetthe general managerhotel restaurantfitness centerpre cruisecruise portdanialobbyamaraftlauderdaletommy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2013

When visiting family in Florida, this property has usually been my first choice. Convenient to Tamarac, Pompano Beach and Boca Raton - the towns in which they live, I like the ease of access to I-95 as well as the covered self parking and the excellent breakfast buffet that is available for a very modest up-rate. However, the hotel has not been renovated in quite a while. The rooms, halls, elevators and lobby are all beginning to look a bit thread worn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DocFNP
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the location of our property. I am also happy to see that you used our free garage parking and that our breakfast buffet was good and fairly priced.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our decor. We did recently receive the prestigious "Marriott Renovation Award" for our new lobby.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel and we did not know what to expect as this was a last minute reservation. We were pleasantly surprise by the property, room and service at this hotel. The room is beautifull and no need to request additional towels as per other hotels we stayed at. In simple terms, we would stay at this hotel again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GnSonvacation

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Work trip so I had no choice in the matter. Not a great location for anything as it is across the street from a mobile home park. It is close to the interstate but that's about it. No descent attractions or restaurants within walking distance. Place is right out of the 1980's or worse but has been renovated. Main issue was ant-like critters in my room so be careful leaving crumbs out! The staff was nice and helpful so that's a plus. The meeting facilities and food were fine. The wifi was super fast in the room...good for Netflix. If you have clients in the area the property is fine but no families please!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bamabbc

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy that you noticed our renovation. In fact, we did win the prestigious "Marriott Renovation Award" for our beautiful lobby. I am also happy that the staff treated you well and you found our free internet to be "super fast".

I do see that you stated that there are no restaurants within walking distance. I am so sorry that our front desk staff did not point out that there are plenty of restaurants right across the street from us including a Champs, Longhorn Steak House, Hooters and a movie theater. We also provide a complimentary shuttle to take you there if you did not feel like walking. We also have a rooftop pool for families that you may not have noticed.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

I'm a road warrior, a fair reviewer and I heart Marriott points. My client is quite nearby but I just don't think I will come back to this hotel. The room smells like towels from the pool. Maybe cleaning the carpet would help, not sure. I don't flip out over finding a hair on the duvet (twice) since we all have hair and even the most diligent staff could miss it. The bistro salad was very good and not the normal boring room service. Phone on the desk across the room made the wake up call a bit of a pain to answer. Most provide two reg coffee packets - here you get one. Called front desk w/ question, they immediately put me on hold then disconnected me.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was staying here on business. The hotel was fine, although i was there with a big group (40+) that finished working around 10PM for a week, and the bar wouldn't stay open for us, even though they said they were open until 11PM. Also this is a popular cruise port hotel, so several days the lobby would be packed with tourists waiting for their busses to go to their cruise ships. This was mildly annoying, but had nothing to do with the Hotel itself. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The gym was nice. The bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if it was a good deal, but because of the cruise crowds, I might look for someplace else.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank laneelms
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am happy to see that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff friendly. I am also glad you enjoyed our large gym. We do receive a lot of wonderful feedback on our fitness center.

I do apologize for the large crowds in the lobby. We are a very busy hotel but our lobby is very large. We do have a lot of vacationers at our property but it is very rare that our lobby is so full.

Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Ft. Lauderdale!