24 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$209
FindHotelUS$209
PricelineUS$209
Hotels.comUS$209
Expedia.comUS$209
StayForLongUS$217
2,271 results
All reviews main building tarpon house courtside steakhouse cabana bar dinner cruise self parking water view tennis courts beautiful property pool side fitness center spring break the entire staff nice pool ft myers balcony pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

We just got back from our stay at the Marriott and I have to say, I was surprised by the noticeably poor customer service. There were multiple instances where staff feel short: we waited for ever (like an hour) for pool drinks, our order was forgotten at the on-site restaurant, the towel attendant was absent at the pool, none of the pool staff knew where to get a mudslide even though they serve them at the pool bar, no one knew where to get ice cream (even though they have it onsite), and we received inconsistent info about whether or not we could fish onsite. I just felt the staff was definitely not overly accommodating and it appeared as though they were short staffed, especially during spring break. We spoke to other guests in passing at the pool who felt the same. I’ve honestly had better service at a Best Western.

3  Thank DBoxChicago
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Dear DBoxChicago,

Please accept our apologies regarding any concerns you had with our service and staff. We work hard to provide our guests with an enjoyable stay; therefore, we apologize that this was not your experience. Your concerns have been shared with our staff, and we have taken appropriate action to make sure these issues are not repeated. We hope you will give us another chance in the near future and stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

We waited three hours to check into our room after a number of front desk members told us it would be 20 minutes and they would bring the room card to us but never did so. Once we checked i to our room it was dirty and none of the pillows or linens we had requested were brought so we had to request-again. We ordered food in person downstairs to bring to our room. Half of the food we ordered was missing. We headed back downstairs to reorder and was told they would bring it up to us. Nope, as expected we found it sitting on the desk with no call or delivery as promised. I would give this hotel a zero given negative review numbers are not available. We will never, ever stay here again.

1  Thank lauriepI9354DD

Dear lauriepI9354DD,

We apologize for the service issues which inconvenienced you during your stay with us. Our team strives to provide impeccable service and timely responses to our guests' needs, and we are sorry for letting you down. We hope you will give us a chance on your next trip to our area to show you we can do better.

Reviewed 4 April 2021

The staff at the resort made every part of our stay a pleasant one that we will remember.
At check in, we were met by Nick and his cheerful staff. Nick was also able to get us checked in early and took the time to go over all of the amenities and what we could expect for our check out the following day (This was a quick one-night stopover for us). Not only did we enjoy the warm greeting for ourselves, but Nick and staff were also able to diffuse a situation later at the front desk when my father checked in, and was informed his room was not ready yet. They were met with angry and completely unacceptable behavior in that instance, and handled the situation so professionally, I feel my whole family could use their advice on how to diffuse the "irrational angry dad" bomb.
Aside from the front desk, we experienced friendliness from every staff member at the resort, from the pool side bar to dinner with Chris as our server at Charley's, and brunch with Sharnette as our server at Tarpon House. We definitely made the most of our short stay, and will happily return.

Dear sandrajX3123MH,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa. We were thrilled to read your comments about the great service you received from our staff and how they exceeded your expectations. All of our associates are dedicated to going the extra mile in taking care of guests. Thank you for your kind compliments for our dedicated team, especially Nick. Please be assured we will pass on your comments to them. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

Please consider staying somewhere else!!!! DON’T make the same mistake I did!!!!
I had one night booked at this 5 star resort. I checked in at 3:45pm on Friday March 26th. They did not have a room for us! I reserved the room in January 2021!! So they pumped us up and “upgraded” us to a suit type room. You know the living room to a suit...2 pull out couches and a dining room table! Yes!! 2 pull out couches. Not the 2 double beds that I reserved. Oh and a rollaway bed for my son! We walked in the room to food crumbs and barrettes on the floor. I didn’t even want to take my shoes off. Very dirty room! Because I had, had a long day of travel I really didn’t want to complain. We went down to the pool so my son could swim. Ordered 2 margaritas $21+tip. Wowzer! Went off sight to get a quick bit to eat...came back to make up the pull out couches and The mattresses were so thin you could feel the springs, not to mention you almost fell through when we went to lay down in the bed. We folded the bed back up and made both couches up and slept on the couches while my son slept in a rollaway that was just as bad as the pull out couches. I was given a discount to stay in this so called room. Was also supposed to have complimentary valet due to not having a room available. Went to check out the next morning explained to the man at the desk how dirty the room was how unacceptable the whole experience was for me. All I got was I’m very sorry, we’re very busy this week. Took my receipt got in my car drove away looked at my receipt and noticed I had been charged for the valet parking. I was not going to squabble over $20. I just thank God we had better accommodations for the remainder of our eight day trip. Please do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!! I am booked to stay at another Marriott property in June and will reconsider that stay!!!

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank cjap31
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2021

Dear cjap31,

Thank you for your detailed review. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations regarding the room you requested. We do try to honor these requests; however, there are times when we do not have the room unoccupied and available. We do understand your frustration, and we genuinely regret disappointing you. We also apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. Your feedback will be shared with our team to prevent such oversights in the future.
Regarding the valet parking fee, please feel free to reach out to our front desk so they can assist you. We always aim to offer the best hotel experience with personalized service to every guest; therefore, we hope you will reconsider another visit so we can show you our true hospitality.

Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

The online pictures looks nice don’t they? They’re old pictures. Don’t do it! Over priced and understaffed/under supplied is the theme here. Not enough food at the poorly supplied coffee bar, not enough servers in the overpriced restaurant, not enough towels at the pool, not enough parking spaces in the garage, no fridge in the rooms so you can’t keep so much as a soft drink on hand. Everything about the property is banged up/run down, which is precisely what I was thinking I would avoid by paying $400/night. I would expect that of something on the strip at Ft Myers, expected this to be a cut above. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else! I’d have checked out on the second day but couldn’t book anything else nearby. Don’t make the same mistake, skip this place!!

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank 662eriny
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

Dear 662eriny,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your observations. We are sorry you were disappointed. We are always looking for ways to improve, and your comments have been noted for our future plans in developing the property.
We also apologize for any inconvenience or frustration our reduced services may have caused and appreciate your understanding and cooperation in these challenging times. We hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to provide you with the perfect stay you deserve.