First, a little bit about myself; I am an outside sales representative for a large corporation covering the entire state of Florida. I am also a Diamond member (10 years and counting) with Hilton Honors. I do about 100 nights per year in hotels, so I guess you can say I am a bit of an expert on hotels and I know a good value.
Now to the review: The Homewood Suites located at 16450 Corporate Commerce Way, Fort Myers, FL, is by far my favorite hotel to stay at in all of Florida. I do not know exactly how old the property is, but it is in very good condition and extremely clean. I have been visiting this property for the past three years, and notice very little wear and tear in that time. I originally picked this hotel because of its close proximity to Interstate 75. I like hotels that offer easy on / off from the freeway. I have stayed at the other Homewood Suites in Fort Myers, but that is more in town and the area is more congested. Unless I need to be in that area the next morning, I will stay at the Corporate Commerce Way hotel. I would add that I do like that hotel as well.
The front desks personnel does a great job welcoming guest, the general manager should be proud of the both the front desk staff and cleaning team. But, the thing I remember the most about this hotel is the delicious dinners that are prepared Monday through Thursday. Maria M. (I don’t know her last name), who is the hostess and chef, is one of the most outgoing hotel employees I have ever met. She is always talking to the guest as if she has known them for years. The tables are always clean and food is presented in a professional manner. It amazes me that she does all of this by herself. If you visit this hotel you will meet Maria quickly because she makes you feel like she is welcoming you to her kitchen table. I personally believe that the Hilton Corp should put her in their commercials because she exemplifies a true Hilton (Homewood Suites) employee.
I highly recommend this hotel for all of the things I have stated above, but I cannot forget to add it is truly a Great Value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport/FGCU offers the ultimate in convenience and comfort in the airport area. Our beautiful 133-room Homewood Suites hotel is 1/2 mile east of I-75, adjacent to Gulf Coast Town Center Mall, and minutes from Florida Gulf Coast University. Our All-Suite hotel in Fort Myers is focused on creating a sense of a "Home away from Home" for all our guests. Modern decor and innovative design coupled with a traditional home-like feel and southern hospitality make a stay at the Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU a time of comfort and serenity. Families looking for lodging in Ft. Myers will appreciate our hotel's ideal location in the lovely Fort Myers/Estero area, with close proximity to shopping and attractions such as the Gulf Coast Town Center Mall, Sanibel & Captiva's beaches, and many options for outdoor adventures. Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU is within minutes of, Chico’s Headquarters, GE, Algenol Biofuels, RSW-Southwest Florida International Airport. With our premium services such as a 24-hour Business Center & free high-speed Internet access our Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU near RSW Airport is perfect for all travelers. While lodging at our hotel in Fort Myers, you can take a dip in our outdoor heated pool, exercise at our 24hr Fitness Center, relax and enjoy a beverage at our poolside fire pit, or sit back and de-stress while enjoying our tropical friends in our oversized salt water aquarium. This Fort Myers all-suite hotel is a refreshing blend of home-like charm & modern sensibility, the Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU offers the very best in luxury Fort Myers accommodations. Indulge yourself in one of our spacious Studio Suites, which have fully equipped kitchens with a spacious dining area and a working desk. Our luxurious One Bedroom suites have a fresh, modern feel and offer an escape from the ordinary, with a privacy door between the bedroom and living area. All suites feture premium Serta Suite Dreams bedding, sofa beds, LCD televisions with premium cable channels, DVD players, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is provided along with speakerphones, A complimentary USA Today weekday newspaper is delivered daily at your door for added convenience. All Accommodations include fully equipped kitchens with coffee-maker, full-size refrigerators, two-burner stove tops, microwaves, dishwasher and cookware/dishes/utensils. Bathrooms include granite countertops, shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. You'll find enough space for work, study, or entertaining, plus all of the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Fort Myers Airport / Fgcu Hotel Fort Myers
- Homewood Suites Fort Myers