“A Great Value with wonderful employees”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 October 2011

First, a little bit about myself; I am an outside sales representative for a large corporation covering the entire state of Florida. I am also a Diamond member (10 years and counting) with Hilton Honors. I do about 100 nights per year in hotels, so I guess you can say I am a bit of an expert on hotels and I know a good value.
Now to the review: The Homewood Suites located at 16450 Corporate Commerce Way, Fort Myers, FL, is by far my favorite hotel to stay at in all of Florida. I do not know exactly how old the property is, but it is in very good condition and extremely clean. I have been visiting this property for the past three years, and notice very little wear and tear in that time. I originally picked this hotel because of its close proximity to Interstate 75. I like hotels that offer easy on / off from the freeway. I have stayed at the other Homewood Suites in Fort Myers, but that is more in town and the area is more congested. Unless I need to be in that area the next morning, I will stay at the Corporate Commerce Way hotel. I would add that I do like that hotel as well.
The front desks personnel does a great job welcoming guest, the general manager should be proud of the both the front desk staff and cleaning team. But, the thing I remember the most about this hotel is the delicious dinners that are prepared Monday through Thursday. Maria M. (I don’t know her last name), who is the hostess and chef, is one of the most outgoing hotel employees I have ever met. She is always talking to the guest as if she has known them for years. The tables are always clean and food is presented in a professional manner. It amazes me that she does all of this by herself. If you visit this hotel you will meet Maria quickly because she makes you feel like she is welcoming you to her kitchen table. I personally believe that the Hilton Corp should put her in their commercials because she exemplifies a true Hilton (Homewood Suites) employee.
I highly recommend this hotel for all of the things I have stated above, but I cannot forget to add it is truly a Great Value!

Eric B

Room Tip: East of I-75. Love the Studio rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Eric B
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Eric,

Your comments took my breath away.

I truly enjoy seeing my teams names on these reviews. The fact that you are a Diamond member, and you felt compelled to write a review of my hotel totally made my day.

I am truly thankful for the engaged team that I have. Each one of them have their unique personality and drive to make our guests feel at home. Your review completely told the story of our Homewood Suites- Thank You

Thank You-Thank You!!!!

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Had a long term (1 month +) extended stay during corporate training. Exceptional service provided by food service team of Bernie and Maria with an wonderful free breakfast and dinner meal daily (suggestion would be to take some of the sweets, muffins or cinnamon rolls, from breakfast to add to the dinner meal a few times a week. So many options at breakfast, it would be nice to see some of those at dinner... but i understand budget constraints lol) The general manager was wonderful and witty, as well as her management staff taking extra time to immediately resolve a problematic billing issue that arose. Greatly appreciated being extended a complimentary 1 week LA Fitness pass! and was able to use BOTH Hilton hotels' services/amenities. I would be remiss if i didn't acknowledge ALL the wonderful ladies who worked the front desk with skill and poise during my stay... If i ever open my own hotel, I'm coming back to steal this staff! Thank you Hilton, that's why you're on top.
Lloyd in 207

Room Tip: laundry room on second floor and gym on first... second floor was the preferred choice between the f...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank lloyd d
Reviewed 1 October 2011

My family won a gift certificate to stay two nights at this hotel, after looking at the online photos and information we decided ahead of time that we was going to need more time to enjoy this wonderful hotel so we added extra nights. Im sooooo glad we did!!!! The staff was excellent! They addressed me by name each time they saw me, very friendly and courteous. The breakfast staff was great, if you needed something that wasn't on the bar and they had it in the back, they would get it for you. The "welcome home" dinner was a plus+++++++ We just loved the room setup, the pool was awesome, very clean, excellent service all around! I have stayed at other hotels in the past and now Homewood Suites is my #1 choice when traveling. My family and I are looking forward to the next trip with Homewood.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank IwOrK2vAcAtIoN
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I've stayed here many times and I always enjoy this hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms are arranged nicely and spotless clean. It's close to the airport and the highway, so it's convenient. I appreciate consistent quality, and I always find it here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank MItravelerforbus
Reviewed 29 September 2011

excellent service,,,,very clean,,,,,,,every time i returned to my room it looked like the day i rented it,,,it was home away from home,,,,,pool was great,,,very clean,,,,fish tank in the lobby was cool to,,,,,,THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF.we had a great time

Room Tip: just try them once and you'll be back
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brian w

The only place to stay...... I certainly like the sound of that!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my team.

See you next time.