“Wanted to like it...”

Fat Katz Sports Bistro
Ranked #31 of 882 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We specialize in made from scratch foods. We grind our own meat, make our own brioche every day. Also make items like pierogis and stuffed grapelease by hand. All our desserts from scratch as well. Come give us a try - we also have 19 craft beers on tap.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Being a new local, I really wanted to like this restaurant. Sadly, some of the negative reviews were accurate and it was disappointing. I asked for a burger which was medium and was told that it would be pink inside. Perfect. When it came out well done with no pink inside I asked for it to be remade. The waitress took the plate inside and a few minutes later came back with a plate of my original French fries (cold at that point), I suppose to eat while waiting. I had expected that I would get hot French fries with the new burger. The new burger was the same- well done. By then, I just ate it. I really wanted this place to be good because I know that these are difficult times. I’m not certain that I’ll try it again. I hope that others have a much better experience, and I hope that they write about it on Trip Advisor.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (478)

Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

We are locals and have been coming to Fat Katz for 6 years. We used to come more often but their prices, especially beer, have really climbed in recent years.
Their food is awesome! Always has been. Sandwiches are a little pricey but they give good portions.
My issue with Fat Katz is the beer prices and lack of a beer list. Many different times I have paid $9.00 for an IPA. The problem is they don’t have a beer list with prices. Every other place in town with good beer does. So on our most recent trip we paid $5.50 for a local IPA and $9.50 for another IPA. If they had a beer list I never would have ordered a $9.50 IPA. This is a ridiculous price!
I realize that keeping up with and updating a beer list is not easy but how can you sell beer without letting customers know the price? We will be taking a break from Fat Katz for a while again.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

From Iowa came down to visit my sister.we stopped in here because of the reviews. It did not disappoint. The food was fantastic! I had the bistro burger and I can honestly say it may have been the best burger I have ever eaten. Our server Lindsey was top-notch very friendly, even though she was busy. Going to go back before I leave for home.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 27 October 2020

We loved Fat Katz and enjoyed sitting outside on their covered patio. The inside and bar is very nice also and there were just enough TV's that it wasn't overkill. I had the meat lovers flatbread and it was the best I have ever had. It had a little thicker crust than I have had, the sauce was fantastic with substantial amounts of bacon, pepperoni and sausage. My son liked his chicken tenders, but after trying my flatbread, wished he had ordered it instead. My Left Coast Tangerine Wheat was great, service was good and we look forward to coming back the next time we are in the area.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 11 September 2020

Pastrami burger is sinful, A wonderful place to stop and have a few . Great staff and wings. Wonderful and easy location to get to.

Date of visit: August 2020