“Home away from home.”
Review of Gulf Motel

Gulf Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Gulf Motel
Ranked #46 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Sanford, Maine
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The gulf motel was very welcoming. Was with my family, only going to spend one night, but felt like home immediately when I got settled in, so decided to spend the weekend. The place was clean, comfy, full kitchen so I could cook, and on the plus side Saturday they had a family style cook out, I guess it varies, but we had pork tenderloin witch was delicious and with other sides. I was blown away by the shower, we loved it. There was a pool with a bar and it was great!

Room Tip: Not on the beach but its just steps away.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank debra D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have to first admit that I almost didn't stay here because the reviews were so terrible BUT it's just 2 doors down from my family's beach house so we went for it and I'm glad we did! This property is exactly the opposite of awful! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the location couldn't be better! This place is by no means a luxury resort; it's a smallish motel situated right next to the beach! I was very happy with our stay and will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jessica S
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We were booked in for the nights of the 28th and 29th of October. We arrived at 4 PM on Friday the 28th. NO one was there. A sign said, ring the bell and we'll be with you momentarily. NO ONE came. Waited 15 minutes in the rain and then called. Heard the phone ringing inside and no one picked up. Left a msg saying please call me so we can check in. We went and had drinks and called again. Called an hour later and left another message. Then we drove back around 6 PM. STILL no one there. I finally left a nasty message saying that we weren't standing in the rain waiting for someone to open this place up and to cancel my reservation. We had to find another place to stay and guess what??? They charged us anyways! We are disputing the charges with the CC company. UNbelievable!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jane M

Travellers are raving about these Fort Myers Beach hotels

Reviewed 29 October 2010

Allen & paula abandoned the place in the middle of the night, never to return. Leaving the place abandoned while we were staying there. The place is so disgusting they couldnt take it & the owner is too cheap to fix anything right. My 3 yr old got zapped by an exposed electrical wire sticking up on the walkway. Huge roaches running around & the worst paint & crafstmanship i have ever seen. The place looks like it was built & rigged by blind drunkards. I built a treehouse when i was 10 better than this dump. I called code enforcement & they are getting a firemarshall out. Outlets have burn marks on them & alot dont even work. The pool pump pipe was rigged(like everything in this dump) & they just turned it off. The slumlord, i mean owner refuses to put any money for quality work into this place because he's used to the beach being packed & drunks stumbling in that dont care where they sleep.Now even they pass & choose the woods. I dont blame them. The owner is scrooge reincarnated. All of his motels are gross

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank Dreamhomedecor
Prospect, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Paula and Al are two great people. It was very accomodating. Good family place. We had 2 adults 4 children and a dog...... They put up with our group they get thumbs up!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family