“Extraordinary surprise”
Review of Parson's Son BBQ

Parson's Son BBQ
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We read reviews of this restaurant and decided to try it. What a great find! The half chicken dinner was delicious. The chicken was succulent and very tasty. I had the sweet potato casserole. It must be had; it was divine. My partner had chicken and burnt ends with coke slaw and potato salad, all home made. The portions are huge; we are looking forward to having the leftovers as a reminder of this great place to eat. Try it; you'll glad you did.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

They have adult size portions, I'm a big guy, at most places there isn't enough food to satisfy me. However, Parson's Son BBQ has great portion sizes, enough to satisfy even my hearty appetite. They also have a selection of different BBQ sauces to choose from, including a mustard (I think) based sauce that is truly awesome.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Parson's Son BBQ is a clssic case of "Don't judge a book by its cover." From the outside, it looks like a dive .. . The inside is quaint with the GREAT smell of smoke! I had the sampler platter with ribs, pulled pork, rib tips and sausage, It was VERY GOOD! My friend recommends the Big Spud.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I cannot literally say enough about this small BBQ place! From the pulled pork...brisket...burnt ends...mouthwatering fall apart ribs...and yes even the wrecking roll everything was AMAZING!!! Everything is homemade with the only exception being the sausage but it still was awesome! Warm family atmosphere but short hours...make sure u work this place in as a break from all the seafood...you will not be disappointed!!! My hats off to the TN owners! GO VOLS!

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

great job! Flavorful and moist all around.

Between the 3 of us we had a sample of just about everything. The star of the show were the ribs for sure, the perfect combination of rub and smoke.

The side sauces were all delicious too, I sampled them all!

The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is they need to get a little more smoke on the brisket and pulled pork.....make it just like the ribs and you will be my favorite BBQ place outside of my house!