All reviews front desk first floor breakfast staff complimentary breakfast sand dunes business trip rooms are clean the breakfast area ocean front gulf view each morning great place to stay beach ft walton ethan inns
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Walk out onto the beach. Breakfast includes eggs and/or bacon, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit. Dark rooms for sleeping. Large bath area. All rooms have patio or balcony. Pool and patio. Workout room with treadmill, elliptical, free weights.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rhiannon R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

66mixon,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We're glad you loved our breakfast and great location and hope we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I had planned a 4-day stay for my 6 year old and me (Aug 2-6), but we had to cut it short and find a new hotel. In Hampton's defense, I did not ask for a new room - was trying to stick it out but ultimately could not.

I made a list of issues and took pictures of everything. I gave the list to the front desk worker when we checked out and she gave us 1 of the 2 nights free. That was a nice gesture.

Originally, I was going to be charged $250+ per night, but remembered I had my AAA card and that took the price down to $227/night.

Here are the problems with room #103:

(1) The toilet had scratches on it. To the point my 6 year old refused to sit on it. I have eczema and sitting on it irritated the eczema on my legs.
(2) The tub was peeling in 2 places.
(3) There was grime in the bottom of the tub that would not come out. Again my 6 year old refused to sit down.
(4) There was build up of something in the corner next to the tub. And the door to what I assume was the plumbing access had significant dust on it. Not something you want to see when you have asthma.
(5) There are showers at the end of Hampton's beach access walkway. I assume they are maintained by Hampton Inn. The 2 showers were hardly working. We brought so much sand back with us the 1st day that I had to ask the front desk for the vacuum. The next day we went to one of the beach access points maintained by the city of county. Those showers worked great!

The next few things are not necessarily the fault of Hampton (I guess they could have used thicker glass for the exterior wall on all the 1st floor rooms) but helped me make up my mind to leave:
(6) Room 103 is next to the pool. Of course it is summer vacation so folks were out there until the pool closed. After long days at the beach, all we wanted to do was sleep, but could not due to the noise level.
(7) I was awakened at 5am by our next door neighbors outside smoking and talking. After 20 mins I opened our door leading to the outside and asked them to please lower their voices. They lowered their voices but I could still hear them.
(8) I have food allergies and take my own food whenever I travel. Since I had to use Hampton's toaster I knew I was taking a risk on cross contamination. But my doc equipped me with meds before the trip. As I was waiting for my toast to pop up, another guest decided the toaster was taking too long and put her English muffin in the toaster with my bread...how rude!! I immediately popped the toaster up, took my bread out and told her "it's all yours".

Pictures of everything are attached. I also attached a picture of the notes I gave to the front desk worker.

Good luck to you.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Rhiannon R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear ThamesHousehold,

Thank you for providing us with such detailed feedback, we truly appreciate the opportunity to learn from the experiences of our guests. If you'd like to reach out to me directly at rhiannon.reynolds@hilton.com I would love to hear more about your experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Once again we booked our trip to Ft. Walton Beach and this Hampton Inn. Love the fact that you have a little patio where you can leave your beach chairs and umbrella and then walk just steps to a rare, uncrowded beach area. Fireworks on Wednesday were awesome again. Great food nearby and none of the Destin traffic. Slow down and relax here before it gets snapped up and turned into a multi-story condo unit! Excellent service and the breakfast attendant was especially attentive and went out of her way to supply everything that we asked for. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: First floor rooms with high odd numbers are closest to the beach!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Charles B,

We're practically blushing from all your praise! We're so glad you enjoyed our home again and can't wait to see you again next year! Thank you again for the kind words -- we'll pass them along to everyone on our team!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The staff was so helpful in finding last minute rooms for a party of 10. The check in and check out was great. Their breakfast is great and friendly for people on diets like I am. I fell in love with their beds and literally didn’t want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rhiannon R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We love hearing that you had a great trip and hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is super nice and clean. It’s my first time here and I can even smell the cleanest. It’s kind of hard to find because is like hide from the gps bit other than that it’s really nice. Definitely coming back it’s very close to shoppings and restaurants.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Claudia,

We're so glad you loved your stay and we're delighted to hear you'll be coming back soon!! We can't wait to see you!