Booked online for 5 nights, stayed 1 night because we were forced to stay! First of all the picture you see on the website is totally deceptive. When we arrived, the children immediately started complaining because the picture leads you to believe that you will be able to see the pier and the beach right from your room. We spent about 45 minutes trying to cancel the reservation and the Expedia representative called the hotel twice asking them to cancel the reservation also, however, the front desk clerk refused to cancel it. The first room she put us in, we could see absolutely nothing that looked like a pier or a beach and the beds were very small, and the room had a strange odor to it. So after about 45 minutes of stressing how disgusted we were she moved us to a 2nd room that overlooked a pool. We flushed the toilet and it didn't work, the bathroom was not clean, and the carpet in all the hallway areas was very nasty! We complained again and we were moved to a third room. It was nicer overlooking part of the outdoor pool, but we all thought based on the website picture that we would be able to see the pier and beach from our room. We were told we couldn't cancel our reservation, without paying for one night which was a fee of $144.00 plus taxes and fees. Since we were totally disgusted that we would have to find another hotel at the last minute, we went on and stayed one night. We got up that morning and spoke to the manager, Michelle Garcia who arrived to work late that morning about our concerns and even asked her to give us our money back or a partial refund, but she refused stating that the owner lived in Turkey and she had no authority to give us any credit! We packed our things and moved to the Best Western in Destin for the last four nights of our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roya Hotel & Suites is located directly on the Santa Rosa Sound in Ft. Walton Beach. We are proud to offer spacious rooms that overlook the bay and you can enjoy the many beautiful sunsets on the Emerald Coast. Our private beach area is perfect for weddings and families with small children. We also offer a private dock that has 6 boat slips for your convenience. The hotel is just minutes away from the sugar white beaches on Okaloosa Island and Destin and with in a 2 miles radius of fast food and fine dining restaurants to include Waffle House, Red Lobster and the Board Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Roya Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Bayside Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Quality Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Quality Inn