“Best Bennies in town! ”

Tommy Mattonie's Coastal Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Tommy Mattonie's has been awarded Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence for 2015, 2016 and 2017. TM's is a local family owned restaurant that specializes in: upscale breakfast, New Orleans style po-boys, Floribbean tacos, soups, salads and daily lunch specials. This is a favorite spot for local diners. Looking for a fresh home made meal? Look here as we cook everything from scratch and only use fresh local seafood.
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Finally visited this place on a Sunday for brunch after a couple months of wanting to but never actually making it. Boy are we glad we finally made it!! The menu is full of delicious looking items. We were a party of 6 and all ordered something different. This place has, hands down the best eggs Benedict’s in town. I am an avid fan of the classic eggs benny and this place has that plus so much more. Highly recommend it all. Only hiccup we had was that food came out a little slow due to kitchen having confused some of our orders or just being overwhelmed by all that we ordered.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We went to the restaurant because we had heard so many good things about it. When we arrived, we tried not to be dissuaded by the chaos we found. Though not crowded, it took us 15 minutes to be seated. After we placed our orders, it took us 45 minutes to be served--simple things like salads and waffles for brunch! When the orders finally came, half of them were wrong, and the server tried to blame us for that problem!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We came to try this place out due to Trip Advisors reviews & I was every bit of disappointed I was not impressed at all. The wait was very long just for a brunch burger. I drank 3 cokes before even getting my food. Then who I was with their cheese was not even melted on their eggs, the biscuit was hard & cold. NOT WORTH IT AT ALL. Will not be back, waste of my vacation time & money.

1  Thank Brandy G
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We went to Tommy Mattonies restaurant and the waitress with the rainbow hair was horrible. She took forever to take our order. Then she did not tell us that the kids pancakes that comes in special animal shapes were gonna cost us extra. It was 3 mini pancakes for $7.00 but she didn't tell us the price. She made it seem like it was something special for the kids. Then she charged us many items ala carte for example she charge $3.00 for mushrooms? on an omelet. Seriously....If your a local this would be disappointing. We sat for drinks and I timed it for atleast 15 minutes? We tipped her a nice tip too..only to be nice because my whole family was just going to leave her $3.00 but I said we need to be the better person. I highly recommend you check your bill so they don't rip you off for all the extra little things they charge for that the waitress doesn't tell you will cost extra. Bad customer service. Which, sucks because last time our family went there the filipino waitress was awesome. Now, this place is losing its flair to poor staffing.

2  Thank mia3400
tomrgarner, Owner at Tommy Mattonie's Coastal Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

This review contains misleading information. We pulled the invoice and the customer was charged $3.99 for the Poddle pancakes, not $7.00. Our menu clearly states that you get two free ingredients with your omelet order and there is a $0.99 charge for additional items. The customer was charged $0.99 for the mushrooms, not $3.00 as stated in the review. This leads us to believe that their experience is exaggerated to the same level. We try hard to provide good service and quality food for our customers and we do not surprise customers with a la carte prices. A copy of their receipt can be found in our photos so you can verify this information should you be interested.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped into Tommy Mattonie's for breakfast and I'm so happy we did! Our breakfast was fantastic! I ordered an eggs Benedict and it was AMAZING! My hubby ordered the Sunshine Special and it was so good! Fried apple pies just like granny used to make! In LOVE, and will be back!