All reviews housekeeping cart celebrate a friend's birthday breakfast ladies hotel is kid friendly room key card non guests hot options quiet hotel marriott points the breakfast area nice small pool sun all day ocean view would stay here again yogurt maintenance guys double queen
Reviewed 14 July 2018

The hotel was newer than some of the surrounding hotels on Okaloosa island. This hotel has direct access to the beach. It was very clean. You do have to pay to use the umbrella and two chairs. $30 to use all day ( until 6pm) or $7 per hour. Free continental breakfast. We had two queen beds with partial beach view. Major drawback was no balcony. They had a small kiddie pool outdoors.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lewis B
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

On the Okalossa Island, between other beach front facilities this newly built hotel gets a five star. Overlooking the water through the windows or walk few steps by the swimming pool and here the silvery sands and the ocean.

You can park in the open area or under the hotel at the street level. All floors are secured key option for guest only entrance. Nice and large lobby, free breakfast for the hungry, spacious rooms, multiple elevators and friendly staff makes this a very pleasant stay.

We have 3 teenage boys with us and we requested adjoining rooms so mom can sleep well and sleep in peace. They gave us exactly that. We can watch our children while they have their privacy and we have ours.

If you coming here, pick them. You will have a great time.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tapas S
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We rented the slightly larger room with a pull out couch and small living room area. Visited family so the extra bed was perfect for the nieces sleepover. Room was clean and not sandy (like most beach hotels) as was the lobby/restaurant area. Pool is small but good for cooling off and watching the kids play. Beach is just a few more steps away and very nice......chairs and umbrellas can be rented from a company on the beach. Parking was adequate and we always tried for a spot under the building too keep the car cool. Breakfast is more than adequate with a serious spread, good coffee and very nice staff. Front desk staff was also very helpful when needed. We would stay here again as it's a good value.

Room Tip: we stayed 2nd floor with windows facing west in the middle of the building. walls are kinda thin, we heard snorers.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Limpiaverde
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying this hotel was very nice, clean and staff were amazing! The only complaint I have (and it’s a big one for me) is that this hotel has no balconies and none of their windows open! We had a partial view room which would have been an amazing view if there was a balcony to walk out on. Without it, it you had to walk all the way up to the window to see the view. I was going to pay the upgrade to the full oceanfront view room until I learned the oceanfront rooms don’t have balconies either, nor do those windows open! I don’t understand why you would have an ocean front hotel with no balcony and with no windows that open so you can hear the ocean at least! With that being said, if you are not concerned with the balcony/window issue, this place is amazing! I personally will never book another ocean front room without checking. That was my bad! From what I could tell, the two Marriott properties were the only two hotels on the oceanfront without balconies. I checked to see if I could move to one with a balcony. Almost felt as if we were staying at a non ocean front room since we couldn’t see without planting our face on the window, or hear it from our room. It was nice to be able to walk right out to the ocean but I would have loved to be able to enjoy the ocean from my room as well! PS-We were there 11 nights.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank Summesu
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

If you are following us, you may know that we have been on the road seeking a place to recharge our batteries on the gulf. Since last weekend, we have been in Orange Beach, Pensacola and the last 2 days in the Fort Walton Destin area. I must say that we were pleasantly surprised to arrive at the Fairfield. The hotel is almost new (4 years old)and in great shape. I spent today on the beach and also at the pool.

Although the room doesn’t have a balcony, the suite we have is spacious and extremely comfortable and does have a gulf view.

The pool is small but conveniently located and nicely kept.
An added bonus for those also looking to recharge, the beach was not very crowded and chairs and umbrella were available for a fee. It was great day with awesome weather too.

We decided to stay the extra day and enjoy the area. The staff was welcoming and very professional.

If you are looking for a quiet and beachfront, check this out.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family