“Run!”

Knights Inn Gainesville
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Redefining disgusting. Booked a room for a festival way too late. This was my only option. It's Knights Inn, so I already expected super gross. The carpet is a swamp. Do not walk barefoot on it. Fumes rise up with every step. The bathroom is sickening. Toilet is crooked, dirty and I really felt that a ghoulie was gonna reach up and pull me into a swampy, bottomless abyss of doom. I could go on, but it's probably already been said.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

They tried to stick me in the back #157 where all the local live, a under sible I went to get my money back moved me up front better then still could not get in so they gave me a low number room! Much better only stay here if you don't mind the dregs! Spend more money or sleep in your car!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

First they make copies of your drivers license and credit card. Why?? Front desk person says because of an audit. Wifi and ice machine not working. Free continental breakfast? a sign stated " no coffee". Im out of here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

I stayed at the Knights Inn Gainesville back in November 2015. It was an impromptu trip, an overnight stay. Seeing that it was a Wyndham property, I felt assured that it would be reasonably nice. I chose this hotel, literally minutes before leaving out the door in route to Gainesville. While I have to say the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and even explained how to open the room door. The hotel itself wasn't quite the same. The lobby smelled musty/mold and was very outdated, I think they had the first key card readers on the door. I was having problems opening my door and a strange man walked up to me and my niece, taking the key out my hand, to show us how to open the door. It would've been better had he introduced himself as an employee of the hotel, especially since it was a late night arrival. The rooms were also outdated. The furniture looking as though it had been there since the 80's. The bathroom was also in need of remodeling and better plumbing. The security bar for the sliding glass patio door that led to the courtyard left me feeling a little uneasy; along with the sign on the front door, suggesting using the peephole before opening the door. They did have new flat screen tv's, but that was about the most "updated" part of the rooms. The rooms were used for what we needed a quick stay, for an early morning departure. Can't really speak much about the property as I arrived late and left early the next morning. Just hope that at some point Wyndham will come in and give this hotel a much needed renovation!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I booked this room 3 weeks in advance through a call center that was affiliated with Wyndham. We arrived before checking-in time and asked the front desk clerk if we could just park our vehicle so we could head to the UF game. The clerk photo copied my drivers license & debit card, had me put our phone numbers and vehicle description and signature on the paper. Thinking that this was because we were early, I had no problem with it. Upon returning from the game, we picked up our room key at the desk and asked if they still had my personal information. My husband was told that they keep the information "on file". After a horrible nights rest in a disgusting room, I felt really uncomfortable leaving my personal information photo copied at this establishment for its drug dealers & prostitutes to possibly get ahold of. My husband & I promptly got up at 8:30am to check out and while turning in the keys at the front desk my husband asked the clerk for the copy of my info. The clerk refuses to give it to us, says they keep it for "tax purposes". Mind you, the room was pain IN FULL and no further damage was caused by us. I tried to explain calmly to the clerk that I was not comfortable leaving my personal information and I would call the local law enforcement to come out to settle the dispute. So, while my husband was on the desk phone with the manager, I was on the phone with a local deputy who told me that if the room was paid in full they COULD NOT keep a paper copy of my personal information!! It's a form of identity theft!! In the end, the clerk gave me the copy back... Shadiest motel EVER!
BE SMART! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple