“Disappointing”

Motel 6 Gainesville
Ranked #35 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Well let's just say Tom did NOT leave the light on. There was no Motel 6 sign to indicate where the hotel was nor was the hotel even marked as motel 6. We just got lucky finding it. I felt like I was sleeping in an ashtray. The fitted sheets didn't cover the mattresses and the mattress edges were dirty and disgusting. I wouldn't have dared to walk with no shoes on the dirty tile floor it was just sad. We won't be staying again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi Mikayla. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The worst, most disgusting place I have ever been in. It looked NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES. THE PICTURES WERE BUT LIE. Weooked two nights, and left after one. It was DIRTY, GROSS, SMELLY! The strong smell of cat urine, large hair balls, gum and cigarette stains on the night stand. There were no bed skirts, no bed spreads, nothing about this place was clean.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Jason, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Old and needs much repair. Bare necessities. Had basics but no phone or breakfast. Was very disappointing. Didn't have time to see the area just needed a place to,sleep. Had very thin walls, could hear neighboring rooms discussion. Kept me up most of night.

Room Tip: Definitely not fancy
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Julpeters, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I got into my room, it was what was expected based on the reviews and pictures I had seen. The bathroom on the other hand was bad. The toilet/floor/ and side of bathtub had either puke or poop splattered all over. Instead of changing rooms I decided I would go to the front desk tell them the situation and ask for a cleaner and a cloth to see what they would do. The front desk dude gave me a gross face when I told him about the poop or puke and proceeded to hand me cleaner and a rag and told me to have a great night............ hahahahahaha oh my god! So I went and cleaned the toilet seat so I would feel okay about using it and left first thing in the morning! Just warning you!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear AkBelle, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights when we were apartment hunting in Gainesville. Neither of us could sleep, because the bed was so hard we ended up in extreme pain. Afterward, we both ended up having to go to the chiropractor. I've never said I had such a horrible bed in a hotel or motel before, and I travel at least 4 to 6 times per year for business.

The pool was decent, and it was nice to have a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. However, the television was extremely old and had lots of "snow" on the screen, and the bathtub gave me the heebie-jeebies because every time you stepped on the floor of the tub it would squish down like you were in a bounce house.

Spend the extra 10 or $20 a night for a nicer hotel and avoid having to go to the chiropractor afterwards.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Tina, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the bed comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.